Sinister: a queer one from the start

amy.longcore at xxx.com amy.longcore at xxx.com
Sat Dec 1 02:14:25 GMT 2001

Hello.

another friday night on the job.
good thing it's not too demanding.

what i'm doing besides work to kill the time:

1) wrapping big boxes in lovely foiled christmas paper
to set out for my local toys for tots campaign
2) listening to an electrician tell me that if i never get married
or have children, he'll keep me supplied in batteries (ha!).
he's having a rough time with his daughter.
a little too rough, he won't stop pacing.
he's advising me to stay "aunt amy" to my friends children
and never put myself through the agony of being a parent.
3) trying to figure out who in their right mind would send me
a crush! goodness! lil' ol' me???
if someone doesn't fess up, i'm going to crush on all of you!
4) listening to tigermilk
5) drinking copious amounts of coffee
6) taking phone calls from girlfriends about our night out planned for
saturday
(sorry chicago)
7) calling around to see if i can get better prices on faucets and such
for my bathroom. i paid $150.00 today for some new bathtub water works
'cuz, well, it's too long too explain. a repairman is coming by saturday
(another reason i couldn't go to chicago) to cure my plumbing ills
and it's all just getting so costly. but, it will help save in the long run
too.
my water bill is trippled and my gas bill, you don't even want to know....
'cuz i'm wasting so much hot water right now.
8) mailing sinister!

wow! it's really bad when you email people about your plumbing.
maybe i should go back to this book  about the taliban i picked
up the other day.....
a "liberal reader" the woman at the hallmark store called me
as i purchased said item.
ha.

or, i could write a pocket novel about the state that i am in,
'cuz it's an interesting one.

i don't feel "christmas-y" yet.
there's no snow.
so, it's just not happening.

i like lists.

today, as i left a hardware store, i saw a group of about 60 school kids
dressed up all goofy and touting instruments.
i imagine it was the local jr. and high school kids making some
christmas-y rounds.
they followed me out of the parking lot for a moment.
60 kids in stripes, leopard prints, clashing argiles and clown suits
banging away on their drums and such, following the super tempo.
i wish they would follow me around all the time, during the day that is.
would make the odd trip out for milk a bit more .... of an event.

belle and sebastian song of the day: "she's losing it"

amy knows a tub that's been abused
it changed her financially and put her in a mood
she's always redoing her pilot light
she freaks out about it every night

sometimes goes elsewhere to shower her back
she's using loofas and sponges and rags
she wishes someone would help her out
'cuz her wallet's got a lot to be mad about

and just after the first tooth brush
she knows she's losing it, oh yeah, she's losing it
when the first stream of water takes a rusty dump
she knows she's losing it
oh yeah she's losing it

amy met andy, a plumber who's keenly new
he didn't charge too much and took away her blues
until he showed her another bill
and she tossed a few

amy was the girl who's unlucky too
her pocketbook is broken and kisses are few
she says, "cent for cent and pound for pound
who needs a plumber when I'M AROUND?"

and with the first dew of morning
she knows she's losing it, oh  yeah, she's losing it
when the millionth stream of water costs her a whole bunch
she knows she's losing it, oh yeah, she's losing it
when she shuts off the hot water just to save a buck
she knows she's losing it, oh yeah, she's losing it

adlib to fade, la dee da.

and ta ta and hello and goodbye and love to all,
amy