Sinister: Saturday, afternoon, raining...

arlequim at xxx.br arlequim at xxx.br
Sun Dec 2 18:03:10 GMT 2001

Hi, Sinister...

It's raining... a little, but raining.

I can't help sharing wih you the happiness of knowing that tomorrow I'm gonna get
my own private copy of "I'm Waking Up To Us", which took just a week to arrive in
Brazil. while I write these lines, it's waiting for me at my brother's house. I'll pick it
tomorrow. From all you people have already said about the tracks, I couldn't tell if I
am gonna like it or not - although I must admit that, when we come to a certain point
of identification with an artist or band, there's no more reason to say things as like or
dislike, because we're gonna buy everything anyway. In the case of B&S, and
particularly in the case of Stuart's works, I feel like there's a direct connection
between what he says and what I experiment... so, if something B&S puts out suck,
I'll probably have to conclude that something in my life is discretly sucking too... But
it's all crazy talk! Let's just wait until the "audience" tomorrow. Meanwhile, "Slow
Graffiti" is here with me.

I don't remember who mentioned it, but I managed listening to some tracks from
this artist or band called TIPSY, and it's weirdly nice! Tha usage of brazilian
rhythms and chords caught my attention. Whoever mentioned it in the list, please!,
send more information about it! I'm dying to understand a little better what's this
thing happening in my ears.

I finished reading this claustrophobic book called "A Sombra das Vossas Asas" (
The Shadow beneath your Wings), by a brazialian author called Fernanda Young,
and I feel a strange taste in my mouth. Each and every carachter on the novel is
depressing and instrospective. The "action" is almost everytime interior, so finishing
the book is like finding a way out of a dark labirynth. I have to read something
really, really! fun and soft now, to compensate. I must confess I felt the temptation
to pick a "Harry Potter" kind of stuff, but I concentrated and thought there should be
better pre-xmas lectures. Any suggestions?!?!

As I wrote this brief message, the summer rain stopped falling and the sun came
out. Daniela, as you ever says, I envy these people  would like to have at least a
snow day round here. But we can't count on it. At least not while the earth axis
remain so unfavorable.

that's it....

Beto