Sinister: ease your virus in the sea

Paul Laird eggstatic at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 1 22:12:55 GMT 2001

Here's a link for those you infected with the badtrans worm virus (Stuart
David as well apparently) it explains what it is and how to remove it:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.ht
ml

I've had the arduous task of removing it manually from a friend's old pooter
- the only way to block it is a virus software update or...
buy a Mac :o).

Now on to list business!!

What with the Festive season rapidly approaching I've decided to do a little
giveaway. I have a copy of "It's A Cool, Cool Christmas" on Jeepster CD
which came out last xmas and features festive tracks by various "indie"
luminaries (Dandy Warhols, Eels, Flaming Lips, Low etc.) and includes Belle
& Sebastian track "O Come, O Come Emmanuel".

It is free to a UK listee* (for the cost of postage) who replies to me (not
the list!!). If there are a few of you I'll do a draw.

The Eggman (on a Mac)

* sorry non-UK listees - i've tried this before and the postage is too much
hassle