Sinister: twelve thoughts..

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sun Dec 2 21:41:00 GMT 2001

1. Tigermilker Mark is a cheeky wee so-and-so. Did I
get him back for making all kinds of suggestions? No,
I just charged him for services rendered. Darling, you
owe me £1.25 for last night.

2. Paul Laird-
first of all, that Jeepster record you're giving away?

um, got it thanks. I dunno if you'll find anyone on
here who hasn't got it. And the best track has to be
the Low one.

second of all? you better not be that bloke I went to
school with, otherwise I shall be watching what I say
from now on, and squirming uncomfortably.

WHO ARE YOU?????

3. After god-knows how many hours hard work and
realignment of stuff and things, I've finally got my
wee fanzine printed off.
So, if anyones interested, issue three features an
interview with Mark Jones of Jeepster giving advice
how to get signed (and mentioning things about the
acts he's already got signed); Aether Flux interview;
interview with The Clean; interview with John Uchurch
(dude who designed Shellac and Tortoise covers); tons
of reviews, demo section, quick fire interviews with
bands nobody's heard of and a whole bunch of other
stuff.
£1.20, green cover. Previous issues are available too,
cos I've got some more published.

4. Viruses? urgh. I've had three I've deleted this
week alone. Its a nightmare. They go for your address
book you know. Be warned. The ones I've had, have been
with "re.     " in the subject line, with nothing more
than re.
Second thing, there has been no body to the message,
just an attatchment with an odd ending.

If someone has sent you something genuine, and you
know who they are. you can always e mail them and ask
before you open it.

5. Sorry for the last multi post. Deja vu, anyone?
what can I say... it kept telling me the connection
had timed out.

6. dress down day, and I got told my belt was
unsuitable for work.
And yes, it really was a belt, not an extra short
skirt or something. How sucky is that?

7. I keep having these wierd moments. I keep seeing
this staircase bar in my mind, in my imagination, it
just strikes up, like its somewhere I've been or
somewhere I've seen, and I can't make it out. It just
leaves this peculiar feeling inside me and I don't
know any more. Its an odd thing, I just get flashes of
this place, and htis feeling to accompany it. Its
really getting quite strange. Its not something I
think about, it just jumps up mid thought and goes.

8. My story is coming along really well. I've come up
with stuff for it. y imagination seems to hav found a
new lease of life.

9. Ken Chu, its not Christmas I find depressing, its
the feelings that accompany it of regret and wonder
and thoughts about all the little things I should have
said and done, I just never took the time....
Hmm.

10. Did anyone think that Jools Holland looked odd
when he walked away from Belle And Sebastian? He had
this fixed smile on when they finished one song, then
walked off, towards his piano I think, and looked at
the floor with this "good grief, who asked THEM on? I
can't believe I have to fake joyity about some ofthese
bands sometimes.". It was that slight slight look,
when he looked at the floor, the way his face just
dropped the smile as quickly as he could get away from
them.
I thought it was quite funny.
Or am I over-analyising things again?

11. When is he right time to start sending Christmas
cards?

12. Yeah, I'm going to the QMU gig as well. It took my
brother 1 and a half hours queueing at the QM on
Wednesday, only to find out they weren't on sale yet.
And then he said he was told it was students only. Of
course, I think he just got it wrong.
Eventually, i sent him off to Virgin to get one.
:)

I owe him big time now.

I think it was a good idea though, to call him and
bark instructions from my desk at work while he was
with this girl, who I think he fancies. So I think he
did it to impress her with his sensitivity. I  must
remember to exploit this as much as possible.

Okay,

thats it.

Love,
idles