Sinister: Out of the closet skeletons

AMEBIX13 at xxx.com AMEBIX13 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 3 00:08:57 GMT 2001

Happy Sunday Evening Sinister,
     Hopefully all of your lives are going well.  I just came to the close of
an interesting weekend.  I haven't talked to my dear, dear Elise all weekend,
and no matter how silly it may sound to anyone, it is quite distressing
indeed.  Although I won't let myself get too upset about it since she is out
and having fun, visiting sinister folks around the midwest, which is
certainly a cause that I support.  I managed to keep myself pretty busy this
weekend.  On friday I attended a production of Cyrano de Bergerac that one of
my friends was in...It was pretty good, and I enjoyed myself.  Saturday was
certainly the high point of enjoyment for the weekend however.  I attended my
friend's band's practice in northern virginia, and did hanging out a-plenty
as well.  My friends play in this *very* intense metal-hardcore band, and it
is rather funny that I, with my rather delicate tastes attend most of their
practices.  Unfortunately for them the rocking out was severely limited by
Rebecca's guitar amp breaking...I suppose their intesity was too great...Like
Icarus they flew to close to the sun and paid the price.  In lieu of
practicing they all managed to have a fairly large "battle" involving loads
of foam toys.  It was fairly amusing to watch, yet somewhat disturbing that
they could battle like this for hours on end.  Faces were hit, large boys
were viciously attacked by tiny hardcore girls, and neighborhood cars were
hit.  Somewhere during the course of the evening, the most interesting
development of the evening arose.  One of the cats I was associating with
that night was a fellow named Chris, who plays in local hardcore superstar
band extraordinaire, "Age of Ruin."  Well, when they play live they put on
quite a show, they have a fire breather, and people dressed up like
skeletons, who stand perfectly still, until the time comes to awaken, run
into the audience and cause havoc...Well, I have kindly been nominated to be
a skeleton next saturday.  It will make me feel rather important, truth be
told, since afterall, I will be up on stage, and I will be noticed, although
I really won't have to do anything other than look vaguely like a skeleton.
Everyone, at least as far as local hardcore fans are concerned, is always
talking about how great the skeletons are, now I can dazzle them with the
fact that mild mannered me, Sean, Boyfriend of Elise, Fan of such groups and
Belle and Sebastian and Pulp, Quiet anthropology student, and generally
delicate fellow, is in fact a skeleton in disguise!...After which I will
promptly remove my skin and show my true nature.  Well, I should be going
soon....Even us skeletons have our needs and responsibilities such as
Studying, Getting some sleep, and eating delicious Chinese food.  Oooh, I
sure do hope that Elise gets home early enough to call tonight...I do miss
talking to her so much!  Hopefully Kirsten and Jimmy are enjoying exactly how
wonderful her company is.  Luckily in less than two weeks Elise will be out
in lovely Baltimore with me, and we will be having the time of our lives. :)
Well, it's time for this skeleton to go back in the closet.
Loads of undead love to you all, Especially Jimmy, but *Especially* Elise,
Skeleton Sean