Sinister: "I'm just a little 2 up/2 down..." (yes it's me again and it's a long post and i'm sorry)

Ola Szkudlapska ola1212 at xxx.pl
Mon Dec 3 07:43:06 GMT 2001

dear sinister,

my mood has now balanced after all mad swings of the last days, after my
gig-excitement and exam-stress. only the exam-stress has evolved into
post-exam stress, with me being catastrophic and thinking i'll fail the CPE
(which is very important for me).
(cpe-certificate of proficiency in english. half of the people from my class
are taking it this december. comprises 5 parts - speaking, listening,
writing, reading + use of english. boring intro bit over)

the 'speaking' part was on saturday. 2 people and 2 examiners in a room.
talk about some pictures, passages; discussion, etc. one is supposed to be
fluent and use sophisticated words and structures. and i HATE oral exams. i
get mega-stressed and forget everything and probably come across as a
stuttering idiot (which i'm not. i usually don't stutter)

i did, however, try and un-stress myself, and here's how:

30th november, according to an old tradition, is a fortune-telling day in
poland. :) it can be quite fun, provided you're not on your own. so, i went
round to Charming Kamil's place, and we amused ourselves by taking part in
the most common fortune-telling practice...

olala's fortune-telling know-how:
1.take some old candles and melt them in a pot.
2.prepare a bowl full of water.
3.find a key with a hole (it's not that difficult, honest. maybe you're
shutting your cupboard with one every day, take a look around :)
4.ha, now's the best bit! ;-) you've got to pour the melted wax through the
key hole into the bowl, wait a moment for it to set, and see what shape the
now-solid wax makes. :) lalala :)

sounds exotic, doesn't it? ;-) apparently, a star or a human are good omens,
a heart means you'll find love in the coming year, and a ramshackle house
symbolises danger and all things bad. hm, wonder how one can recognise a
ramshackle house in a lump of wax ;-)

ooh, and the wax can't be too hot, because
a) you may set your kitchen on fire (almost like me, when heating oil on the
pan a few weeks ago ;) ooh the big flame that burst out! so beautiful! ;-)
b) when it's too hot, the wax doesn't really make interesting shapes, it
just spreads on the surface of the water. kamil and i initially made that
mistake, and all we got were flat nothings. ;)

however, we did get some fascinating shapes in the end. for example a swan
(according to kamil) or a turkey (according to me), and a small lump on a
flat piece of wax that we (ok, i) named: A Marmot On A Desert. not sure what
that symbolises. ;-) i also got a heart, but not the heart all valentine's
cards are shaped like - just the muscle that pounds when you (ok, *i* ;-)
see my name mentioned in lovely Rachee Fruitee-Loopee's post :) so it
probably doesn't symbolise love. damn! perhaps it wasn't even shaped like a
heart, only like a liver. i never was good at anatomy.

kamil got a human-shape twice, though! :) one was a Sculpture Of A Man Who
Sits Thinking also known as The Witch Without A Broom, and the other was
Zorro With A Crippled Leg, who turned into A Man, Billows Of Cigarette Smoke
Surrounding His Head when looked at from a different angle ;-) he now
occupies the privileged spot on Charming Kamil's fridge :)

lalala, and music was also played a lot. mr k introduced me to some lovely
bands (mascot, jack, girlfriendo etc. - there was more of them, only my
silly self is too silly to remember names correctly) and i played him some
songs by birdie. i only discovered them recently and am truly infatuated.
oh, and i'd like to sound like their singer. :)

hm, the super-fab mood i was in after that pleasant time was spoilt a bit by
mum, who was really angry for some reason, and started yelling at me as soon
as i walked into our flat. so i decided to go to sleep.

--------------------------
friday was a fab day, but then came saturday, and the Horrid Exam.

'what one should do to fail an exam', courtesy of miss lala

in the morning:
get stressed
get very stressed
get so stressed you actually start to shiver and can't string 2 words
together
find out you had forgotten to wash your b&s t-shirt and therefore can't wear
it as a lucky charm

during the exam:
stutter
say rubbish
forget what you wanted to say and only remeber it after the other person had
said it
let the other person speak twice as much as you do
quote the smiths
find out the examiner doesn't know what you're talking about and probably
thinks you're an idiot
stutter some more

after the exam:
burst into tears as soon as you leave the room and escape from your
classmates

ummh, i actually *cried* because i was so UPSET after an *EXAM*
now that's not very james bond-like, is it? ;-)
not very normal either.
and i'm supposed to be all rational and grown-up in less than 2 weeks.
tut tut

but hey - speaking of which, you're all invited to my birthday party! :) i'm
turning 18 on december 12th, and have invited loads of nice people over for
15th. and people say my flat is nice. (i'll tidy my room, promise).
and i've got some nice cds. and my friends are farr more
interesting/witty/pretty/clever/talented than myself, and you'd get to meet
all of them :)  come on, flights to warsaw can't be expensive, and you'd
have free booze/birthday cake/tour of warsaw the next day ;-)  mm?

and i keep using 'and'.

AND i'd like to END this ridiculous mail by sending e-mail hugs to all my
friends.. most of whom aren't on sinister, but shh. 'i love you all', as
cuddly damon gough sings.
thankyoui'mnotworthy.
special hugs to johnny, andreea and olivier 'strawberry boy' (one of the
most gorgeous lurkers around :) and also to chris j, ulla (sorry i haven't
mailed in ages!) and robert s. and a biiig hug to the whole of sinister,
thank you for making my inbox so full of beauty, amusing anecdotes and
detailed descriptions of the new b+s songs i probably won't be able to hear
for ages. oops no, that last bit was not supposed to appear here ;-)

have a nice day,

olala/rachola cinnamon

ps: stacey - i'm full of admiration for your child-controlling skills. :)
i'm so terrible with kids, they just get bored and then play havoc with my
room :)

--

Tego nie znajdziesz w zadnym sklepie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]