Sinister: I love his car, i must admit my life is quite bizarre.

Alan Whyte whytey1982 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 3 20:46:08 GMT 2001

Sometimes a lot of strange things happen. Power doesn't work. You come close
to death. You see Stuart Murdoch. You refuse to speak. You bleed a lot. Love
triangles. Friends re-appear. Bizarre goings on last week... and today.

Last week my friend Dré came home after 12 weeks in the army. Still his old
self, perhaps a little more somber. He's not enjoying it though, he's a bit
depressed and i worry about him. He's not suited to it at all, just too lazy
to get a job. Strange. He shot someone in the leg... his friend. He'll
survive though :)

Found out that my two friends had split up. They keep phoning me for advice.
I'm hopeless and i'm also caught in the middle. Oh well. I really like them
both too. They're not right for each other though, but what can i say?

"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love."

Losing control of a car is a bad idea. Don't ever do a 360 degree turn on a
country road. Swerving onto the other side and spinning round in circles,
while fun, can be quite frightening too. I laughed. Others didn't.

Today i bled for no apparent reason. Nothing serious though, just my nose
and lip. But it did run onto my clothes. It's stopped now, thankfully. I
decided when i got up this morning, again for no apparent reason, that i
wouldn't speak today. It lasted a while. Till 12.30 or so when my lecturer
moaned at me and i had to reply. I relied on facial expressions as a
response; a kind of social experiment :) I acted very strangely today; a
mixture of tiredness and a cluttered mind. It got me thinking whether
everyone sees me as strange, or whether my close friends are immune to it. I
think i'm immune to them now, though they still have their little
idiosyncrasies and bouts of senselessness. We all do from time to time i'm
sure :)

B&S were fantastic on Jools Holland. As i'm well known for my obsession with
them at college i have been receiving phone calls all weekend from people
who have berated me a lot in the past, to tell me that B&S are indeed
superb. Why did they not listen to me before? Oh well, their loss. I'm now
giving people a loan of some B&S stuff in an attempt to increase sales of
IWUTU hehe :) It charted at 39 and the price has gone up £1 - a scandal!

Anyway, i was very surprised/excited to see Mr Murdoch the following day. I
didn't speak to him, didn't want to bother him really and i would have been
really nervous. Instead i just watched him for about 2 hours, watched how he
reacted to certain events. I also seen max (the car) in real life. He was
parked two rows in front of my dads car. Stuart was with a very bearded man
who i think was a roadie for the band at the barras. Thick black glasses,
very cool/geeky look. I could explain further where it was but only a few
people will know where it is anyway. Broadwood anyone? Over excited
celebrations, including a raised fist in the air. Yes, a football match.
I've seen him a few times now, maybe i'll pluck up the courage to say hello
the next time :)

Power failure today in Kilmarnock and surrounding area. It was meant to be
till six, but it only lasted about 30 mins (about 2.30-3pm). I couldn't get
a drink or food or anything. Damn. Lost my work on computer too. It made me
realize how much we rely on electricity. People were running around in
circles, all the shops closed and there was a general sense of panic. People
jumping on buses, going anywhere in search of precious, precious
electricity. Reminded me of a story from Generation X. It also reminded me
to go to see the re-release of Apocalypse Now... You should too.

Oh well, until next time
(wee)Alan xxx

PS - I read the diaries of Adam and Eve today on the bus. It's not mine, but
a very kind lady sent it to my friend and i completely agree with the
comments she made on the Post-it note on the front :)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger,
who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead:
his eyes are closed."