Sinister: FWD: RE: Bus to Belfast

trish delish brazilp at xxx.ie
Tue Dec 4 19:34:56 GMT 2001

attention to the kids of the irish sinister massive

i thought it would be easier to mail this to sinister for all to see, since i
don't have contact details for some of the lurkers...below is an email from
the promoter for the belfast gig, confirming that the belfast bus has been
cancelled due to lack of interest - since when did all the b&s fans have big
pots of gold from which to hire private jets and the like ( i presume that's
how they're getting there anyway)

so if mark sweeney cares to organise a bus, there are five of us in
need...otherwise, someone mentioned digging out their dog on wheels - can i
have a jaunt? i'll just grab on to the tail or summat...

this does cast a bit of a pall on it for me, it may work out to cost a hell of
a lot of money in the end, but as i keep telling myself - it'll be worth it!

any irish members with ideas, please share them quick!
trish delish

>===== Original Message From Colin Murray <colin.murray at bbc.co.uk> =====
Hi,
It's actually true, I.m afraid
What happened is quite simple.
People in Dublin were buying tickets for the gig at a very fast rate, but
not for the bus. In fact, the only tickets left were for bus / gig.
Therefore, if we had have kept the bus on, Ticketmaster predicted we would
have had only 10 - 20 people on bus, which would have cost the charity
money. We couldn't justify this.
I think you and your friends were the only ones needing the bus as we sold
NO tickets!
I knwo this is a nightmare for you and I thought of you at the time but I
had NO option.
I can recommend cheap place to stay up here and the trains are cool and they
stop in Newry!
Speak soon,
Colin