Sinister: ela e minha meninha

Sarah Garrett Sonner ssonner at xxx.com
Wed Dec 5 00:55:02 GMT 2001

Hello everyone.

I'm not used to this de-lurking business. Up until yesterday I did not have
the new single. Because I am lazy. Hey, isn't that pleather Isobel's
wearing? Does this call for an exclamation of "phwoar"?

I will now quote Ken Chu.
>When I woke up I could hear Sturan going "Wig. in. up. du. uzzzz" (that's
>the accent),
Hearing Stuart's enunciation gave me a deja-entendu (if you will)...am I
wrong in guessing Stuart's imitating someone's singing style on purpose?
Upon reflection all I can come up with for a source for this freaky feeling
is Donovan. Now I think of "E. Leck. Trick. Kah. Ba-na-na...Going. Ta. Be.
A. Sud. Den. Crayze..." Help.

I wish that Sarah Martin would help me study by singing all of my
dry-as-chaff literary criticism readings for me.* Every time I read the word
"hegemony" now my eyes automatically close. I think if I heard her sing them
I would actually be able to retain more meaning from sentences like "This
disavowal of the historical and the contingent was ipso facto a disavowal of
any role being accorded to culture in liberal argument." snore.

Some Brazilian concert-goers mentioned a cover version of the Mutantes'
'Minha Meninha'. Was the version of 'Baby' like Os Mutantes' too? Next time
they ought to do 'Ave Lucifer', or maybe 'Bat Macumba' cause that way they
could all join in on the chorus. harhar.

A while ago, a starry Sarah asked,
>Also, my favourite Tijuana Brass LP is surely Tamla Goes Tijuana.
>
>What's yours?
I am compelled to answer her question, though I suspect it was rhetorical. I
must mention Whipped Cream & Other Delights, the album whose green,
lascivious cover art I have seen resting in almost every thrift store record
bin I've ever dirtied my fingers flipping through. Which is very many. I
finally had to pay ten cents for a copy in order for it to stop haunting me
so. Who in the band will get to be the cover model for that one? PHWOAR.

Yours,

xoxSGS

*And if this is not Sarah singing you can meet me by the Camera Obscura
Wednesday night and talk some sense into my empty noggin.