Sinister: Take Chuey with his bow and arrow, Ken's a mastermind...

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Wed Dec 5 10:06:00 GMT 2001

Hello Sinister!
Like everyone predicted, Miss Fruitloop can't keep up her fevered
pace of derivative posts.  That's ok, I knew it would happen, too.
It's a luxury to be lazy.  163 in my inbox, but at least I've read
them all... You're all fantastic!

I woke up at a quarter past nine.  It was dark.  I couldn't tell if
it was still tonight, or if it was tomorrow and just dark and raining
outside.  I didn't remember going to sleep.  I panicked, because if
it was in fact tomorrow, I should have been leaving the house to get
to work at that very moment.  But it was tonight.  And then I was
happy because I had napped for over an hour.  That can be really
disorienting, but I kind of like that feeling.

I can feel the nuances of people slithering under my skin lately.
It's an odd sensation but it sort of feels good, but sort of dirty at
the same time.  I have walked through a threshold into the world
where two adorable and enchanting creatures are at odds.  Where
obsession turns away from past lovers and to the unknown possibility
of the *newer*better*faster*. Where forgiveness wraps around me like
a wristwatch, reminding me it's time.  In this place, I dance in the
embrace of the most beautiful boy who knows how to lead like
swimming.  But we can't breathe underwater and I wonder how long
we'll go before we remember this.  In this world I take solace in a
song written to me by someone I've never met.  I am in awe of his
ability and his sensitivity and I hope that I am able to take care of
him when his feet are cold like mine are right now because my house
is drafty.  This place is where everything effecting me dwells.  My
mind wanders...

The old lady cat, Agnes, has a cold.  She is sitting on my bed
sneezing and her poor little kitty eyes are watering.  I wish I could
give her kitty cold medicine.  I hope she doesn't get pneumonia and
die.  She is going to be sixteen in a couple of months.  She's as old
as some of you on this list!

Ben Apps is in for it when he arrives in my town in 26 days.  I'll be
spreading my Christmas cheer for him and knocking away his humbug!
So brace yourself, Ben!  Like everything around here, Christmas time
and my family is quite a spectacle!

My weekends are in danger of being taken over by #sinister!  I was
chatting quite a bit this past weekend, in hopes of running into the
aforementioned Bunny Apps, which didn't happen.  I did blush when I
would check back in, and several of you let me know that I missed
him.   I was also waiting patiently for miss Elise J. Spry, miss
Kirsten M. Kenyon and Jimmy G. the heartthrob from the 1950's. I
never got to chat with them, either!  But, I did get to hang with the
legendary Kenneth PY Chu, Stacey Dahling, Andreea, Adorable Danny
Farrell, Miss Lindsey Lou, Amy "Rachel" Applejacks, The Cat's PJs,
Rachel Sunnyside Up and the alluring Richard J. Gillanders, just to
name a few.

Miss Lindsey wrote about her life story being "Beautiful" and you all
know how I feel about that one.  I also identify very much with the
song, but I paralleled my reliance on anti-depressants to the lyrics,
where Lindsey compares her experiences with boys to it.  I loved your
post, Lindsey!  I'm with you sister!

THE PINEFOX wrote a grate one about George Harrison: "He had his own
trademarks (in chords and melodies), which I've wished before that I
could identify; and almost everything he wrote was musically subtle.
One reason, perhaps, why it also feels frail - weak, in need of
protection, or of a hug."  I thought what you wrote was the most
beautiful thing I've read about George Harrison in these days since
his passing.

I'd also like to add, just to bring this down to the gutter, that
George Harrison was hot.  H-O-T.  Raarrr!  But I did shed a tear when
he died...

As per Kenneth PY Chu's request, I will now address Ken in a public
forum*:
Ken, you are my little fortune cookie.  I want to break you open and
tear out your clever words and then eat your crunchy sweet outside
covering.  When I see your posts in my inbox, my heart leaps with
anticipation because I know it will be brilliant or witty or just
downright entertaining. You are also H-O-T like Harrison, and
talented, too!  I live for the day when you will cross this vast
ocean and throw me to the ground and ravage me. Just don't mess up my
red bowl (haircut).
*shhh, don't tell Ben.

Dahling Stacey rocks my world!  And the other night I promised her a
poem:
On this slippery slope
the only one who laughs last
is the one without hope
And I laugh as I slide
for I take you down with me
and you take it in stride.

As to not upset Andrew Churchman, I shall add some B&S content (since
I have nothing to say about Karate).  I'd like to mention that
Christmas is coming and I still don't have IWUTU (eyewooty).  It's
one of those items that I'm hoping to get.  I don't know if you know
this or not, but I'm quite a fan of Belle & Sebastian...

You know what, when I was on the sinister list a few years ago, it
was when twattybus first came out, and I always found it so amusing
that many people made the album titles into silly sounding acronyms.
I am *so* glad to see a resurgence of this on the list now:

Big Stu wrote: "I was wearing my TWATTYBUS T-Shirt yesterday, and I
had 2 people comment on it."
Big Stu also wrote: "I'm disappointed that they changed the name of
the new single. IWUTU is a very dull acronym; The Season Has Arrived
would make THESHAG. Almost."

And Carsmile Steve wrote: "am i the only person not to have heard
EYEWOOTY?"

Mark Hester wrote: "And I haven't heard "eyewooty" either,
incidentally."

Incidentally, I have yet to hear it as well.

Desmond Torpey wrote: "i seem to recall some poll last year that
concluded '69 love songs' was the favourite sinister album of 2000
apart from FISHYCLAP...is the same thing being done this year?"
Yeah, is there going to be a poll this year, too?

Another thing I remember from Sinister a few years back was that
someone said : "'Rollercoaster Ride' too short?  Not anymore!" and
they talked about playing the record on slow speed!  I'm still
laughing about it now.  I think of that everytime I listen to
TWATTYBUS!

Everyone seemed to enjoy our B&S on Later with Droolz Holland, and
that is fantastic.  I've almost accepted the fact that I will never
see it. *sniff*

Congratulations to Lawrence Mikkelsen who just got married!  YAY!  I
want to see pictures!

I adore Chris Pez.  Just thought I'd mention that!

Also, Ryan, thanks for your attention lately, I know you're super
busy!

Welcome to Bri, Max, The Cat's PJs, and Maja!!!  And anyone I might
have missed!  Also a big hello to those who made an apperance
recently, such as Louise, Mark the Idlebloke, Kerry, Chris Butler and
David White!

Well, I dunno kitties, I hope you enjoyed reading this!  I think it
will do.
Shout outs and hugs to the usual suspects (of course that includes
you, Cutie pie Danny)   Extra kisses for that sweetie crush o' mine,
Ben!
!Viva Rachels!
love,
Rachel fruitloop