Sinister: Enduring Sinister

John Jennings sinister at xxx.com
Wed Dec 5 20:34:11 GMT 2001

oh look, a crafty and clever reference to Kieran's post... which i
didn't understand at all i have to admit...

roight anyway hello, i'm back... or rather my computer is back from the
pooter doctor where it has been for the past few weeks, getting all
sorted with lots of fast components that i don't really understand...
and now i've got it back and its exactly the same... grr...

it means that i have some catching up to do with the whole sinister
thing....

the new single first.
i bought it on the day or release as ever. i had to walk into town... in
the cold and rain... with my viola (all will become clear)... and then i
went into the nice little record shop (those who know rockaboom will
know it only vaguely fits into the 'nice' category... actually it only
vaguely fits into the 'record shop' category)... and it took me ages to
find... and when i did find it i put it in my cd player gubbins and did
some frowning to the rot-your-teeth sweetness of 'waking...' as I walked
back out of town again, to the rehearsal rooms where my lovely band were
rehearsing (hence the viola)... t'was a panic rehearsal after it was
discovered we were supposed to have a gig on the 14th (of january
admittedly, but if you heard us you'd understand the panic)... so
everyone keep the 14th free... i think its at the musician... or
something...

and the single has yet to grow on me...

have people noticed how b&s songs are getting less honest and personal
now btw?... since modern rock song methinks... they're not really about
struan or his friends anymore... just the old cliches of pop music...
which is a little depressing...
but i'm not going to get into the old 'old vs new' argument again... i
like marx and engels a lot... and i liked carriage clock...  so i'll
change the subject quickly.....

"The songs are;
The State I Am In
I Don't Want To Play Football
Scooby driver
Storytelling
They all sounded good"
said robin.  thats very exciting. any ideas when this is out?
also, when is 'sexual athlete' going to get released? thats the best
thing they've done for ages methinks...

crikey there is a lot of pseudo-content in this post, this can't be
healthy....

last b&s related thing now... i've been told to suggest to sinister that
b&s get steve albini to produce their next album... as a joke... but i
think t'would be interesting... wouldn't it?... what do we think neil?

dum de dum

i was in london on monday, and i like london because i always spot
people with b&s badges on the tube.. but i didn't on monday alack....
but i went to hamleys and spent lots of time with the parents who have
more money than sense playing with sinister (in a bad way) toys... and
then i almost missed my train back and had to lots of running around on
the underground (using the left side of the escalator is more dangerous
than it looks... those business people are pros) and i only got on the
train 2 minutes before it left.... that was very exciting...

i'm very annoyed because there was definately something productive i was
going to say in this post...

but i've forgotten it....

which is very annoying...

but anyway....

if you've read this FAR
you obviously think you're reading one of JAMES' POSTS

hoho.
JP..

--
www.ilonline.co.uk