Sinister: Don't prisoners have a life? (read me first)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Thu Dec 6 12:35:31 GMT 2001

The boy woke up at 8:30am, and realised that something wasn't quite right.
His left eye was jammed and his right eye was his left eye.  Maybe he
shouldn't have stayed up to play Scrabble over the Internet until 5 in the
morning, but it was worth it, he thought, since he won 3 times in a row.  So
this morning he made himself a trophy, and decided to treat himself today as
a prize for being so literally blinding.

So he momentarily found his vision and picked up his phone, and dialled what
he vaguely believed to be his work's phone number, sure enough the voice on
the other end said the company's name.  "I don't think I can come in today
I'm feeling a bit ill", he said, and without a visa or mastercard
transection he just bought himself a day off, all for only the same as a
day's wages.

The boy then wondered why sitting at home doing nothing felt so much better
than sitting in his office doing nothing.  He came to the conclusion that he
wouldn't be able to dance about singing out loud at work - being slightly
mental is expensive, he supposed, unless he was that woman who sang out loud
in the office anyway.

He treated himself to a nice lunch - a lovely lovely bowl of noodles - then
he wondered: is a treat still a treat if you have it every single day?  Then
he started eating and knew the answer straight away: damn straight.

The boy carried on wondering, "How else can I treat myself?" he wondered, he
didn't know.  So he went to his local shop to see what he can find, the boy
likes his local shop, the locality of it sold it to him.  He stepped inside
his local shop without much local motive, his train of thoughts had derailed
it seemed.  He decided that he didn't need any bacons for today, for he had
already eaten, nor did he need the "Men's Health" magazine, for he was
supposed to be sick today, afterall.  His eyes were caught eventually at a
pack of 10 colouring pens, "I can do with some colouring pens I think", he
thought, "besides, tomorrow I can tell my boss I were seeing colours".

He decided he was going to be an artist for the day, so, first of all he
made a squiggle which he declared to be a symbol for himself.  Then he
started drawing, but nothing looked very good at all - as he wanted to use
up all 10 colours all at once but there just weren't any pictures that had
both the colour sky blue and the colour puke pink.  So he spent the rest of
his day copying the London Underground map as a cover for a tape that he'd
made for his friend.

Then the time came for the boy to really treat himself, as one of his
favourite bands Camera Obscura were going to play live that night in London,
together with another band Tompaulin who would soon later become another one
of his favourite bands, and a guy named Chris Leonard, who would have been
one of his favourite bands, if he was a band.

The boy further wondered whether he should take a taxi to the train station,
instead of driving so he can treat himself further with a few beverages, as
he hadn't had many beverages for many ages, he picked up his phone again,
this time without looking, pressed the same digit six times in a row, and
rightly enough that familiar, disgruntled voice of the taxi operator
appeared, and the boy ordered a taxi, which took him to the train station
and in turn the train took him to where the London Underground resided - a
place called London.

He skillfully skipped, skimmed and skirmished through the skipful of
skittles that were swamping the underground station, and masterfully jumped
onto the train with inch perfection - it was ironic that he had indeed so
dexterously jumped onto the wrong train.  He was surrounded by gorgeous
London girls, but they weren't going to treat him tonight, nor could they
help him get off - he had to wait until the next stop.

Eventually, he arrived at the Liverpool Street stop, which always brought a
smile and a sigh to the boy's face.  As for a brief few months in the past
he had had a brief taste of what was not to come, when he had a more than
adequately paid job, rubbing shoulders with buzzing businessmen and more
memorably with buzzing businesswomen, "Well that was a fun three months", he
thought to himself, "but tonight is going to be Funner".

After a quick visit to a shop run by an ex-army officer who now cooks
Chicken for a living, the boy now had the right mindset as well as the right
stomach upset for party...