Sinister: I can't remember ever feeling this happy. I have a terrible memory, though...

The Cat's Pajamas the_cats_pajamas at xxx.com
Thu Dec 6 19:51:14 GMT 2001

Dear Sinister,

Okay, first off...JOY-DIVINITY-RAPTURE...the new B+S single finally found
it's way to central Illinois.  Judging from how long it took, the pony
express probably had to bring it here after the cd was hand carved by
arthritic snails (do snails have hands? nevermind, moving on) All in all, I
really like it so far.  Not a huge departure from their previous work, which
is good.  They seem to be moving along musically enough to avoid getting
stale, without taking such huge leaps that the fans have trouble adjusting
to their new style.  How considerate of them.

There has been a bumper crop of concerts these last couple of weeks in my
town.  In the past week I've seen Jimmy Eat World, Ben Folds, Clem Snide,
Tenacious D, and Weezer.  Everyone was great, except Weezer.  They seemed
kind of bored.  Tenacious D were hilarious, Clem Snide were darling, Ben is
good, and Jimmy Eat World were better than I thought they'd be.  These kids
and their rock music...I don't know what the world is coming to.  I was
really surprised to see so many well known bands come through town in the
past week.  Champaign-Urbana is usually pretty good about having interesting
things to do, but somedays it seems like the only culture in town is growing
in a petri dish in the biology building.  I'll be happy to graduate in a
week or so and get back to Chicago.

I don't know what to make of the Rachel OJ thing.  I guess in a Tom
Sawyer/Huck Finn kind of way it would be interesting to see what everybody
thinks when I'm not around.  Although, I'm not as clever as Mark Twain, so I
would probably get caught and in trouble too.  I hope everything gets
smoothed out between everyone involved.

I've got my last day of college classes EVER tomorrow, and then finals next
week, so if I'm extra scatterbrained or stressed out, don't be surprised.
Before I go I need to give some mad props to my sinister homies:
Ken for scoring 80 points on one word in literati, and making my first
literati experience a lost cause before I even took my second turn

Stacey for being the Dahling that she is, and her random words, and brat
stories

Rachel Fruitloop for a hearty welcome and for being as entertaining on IRC
as she is in her posts

Chicago Sinisterines...what happened?  I don't remember seeing anything
about the Chicago meeting...Somebody who was there drop me line, or let the
list know how it all went down.  No mad props for you until I get some
details.

and there are others too, but that's enough name-dropping for one post.  Bye
y'all...have a good day!

Jason