Sinister: everything i ever took for granted, i'm gonna let it be

amy.longcore at xxx.com amy.longcore at xxx.com
Sat Dec 8 01:45:03 GMT 2001

thanks to a lovely game of literati (yahoos' version of scrabble)
with kirsten and andy last night, i can't put my beth orton
central reservation cd back up.
we all 3 listened to our respected copies while playing with the words.
it's one of the more comforting and lovely "chat" experiences i have,
when you can actually share in an activity with others.
and to have the same music in the background as the others?
that's cool as all heck.
what's not cool is being so addicted to the game that you
come on the next day, play mr. chu, he kicks yr ass
AND it makes you leave the house later than you'd planned on.
*sigh*

i'd go bowling with him as well, but, well, it's just too danged far away.
amy fun fact: i own my own bowling shoes and ball!
it's true.
don't tell everyone, it's emberassing enough....

i don't know about that whole OJ mess myself...
i just hope it doesn't disrupt our tape making too much...
rachels ... let's call an e-meeting!

my belle and sebastian $00.02  for this post:

the new single is superb. just brilliant.
i really favor the way they are going.
someone mentioned feeling that the lyrics aren't as
personal as they once were.
i wouldn't fret too much about that.
i love their storytelling (ooooh, no pun on the movie intended)
and vibe. they are the best *feeling* group,
wether it's coming from the heart or the head,
i've possibly ever heard.
maybe there are more stories and not as many
feeling words, but that same stroke of humanity,
poetry, lust and bliss is still there.
i have a friend who detests isobell's singing.
he really has a problem with her for some reason.
he is out there posting on message boards,
"the new belle and sebastian single is worthy
of your time because isobell sings no leads on it",
etc. so many lovely things to say about our beloved....
of course, i've slapped his wrists with a ruler more than once!
i am glad the single is turning him back around to them though.
i didn't realize how many people fell off from the band with the
release of fold your hands...
i'm hearing all sorts of backlash about that lp that i must have missed
before. but, if these kids are turned back on by the new single,
where in the hell were they for jonathan david?
jonathan david is beautious!
oh well.
music, so subjective!
maybe it's just "cool" now to say that you prefer "their earlier work".
they have enough releases now to make the people that say that
sort of thing happy. how boring.

what else have you been listening to this week, amy?
well, i'll tell you.
neil young, simon & garfunkel, aretha franklin, throwing muses.
there are your answers!

prolly won't see you literati kids this weekend, i've got visitors
a-comin'...

i just made one of those big, long, shout out good-byes to a million
different people.
i don't like them. they are so ... impersonal. and, you'll always forget
one person....
so, if i've ever met you, planned to meet you, talked to you, played
literati with you, had a crush come from you,
if you've ever read one of my posts or i've ever read one of yours,
if you've ever heard belle and sebastian and fell in love with the music,
know that i wish you well and only dream of happiness for you.

tra la la,
amyjacks at work (home: dotsandloops at yahoo.com)