Sinister: <insert subject here>

Richard Cottyn R.Cottyn at xxx.com
Sun Dec 9 02:00:02 GMT 2001

I've only posted a couple of times before, so I'm sure that you are all very
excited by the prospect of another helping!

It was Corduroy Boy Tom that prompted me into writing again. The fact that
he mentioned my name in his last post made me go all fluttery inside!
Autographs later please...

Firstly, some B&S content. Everyone else has given their verdict on the new
singles, so I will too. (Better late than never!)

Overall, good but not brill I'd say. 'IWUTU' is a nice song but it was never
going to be that successful, it just wasnt as accessible as, say, 'Legal
Man'. But it really is growing on me, I love the way Stuart sings the first
line, I dunno why, but I do!

Also, I can't remember who it was but someone mentioned that Richard looks a
bit 'funny' in his photo. I know exactly what you mean! Everytime I open the
CD case I have to have a good giggle at his facial expression-I'm not sure
what it is exactly-perhaps it just doesnt look very natural, or...erm...well
i dunno!

And now, a warning about our favourite festive figure. We all know Father
Christmas as a jovial, kind-hearted man. Yet this is nothing more than a
myth. He is in fact nothing more than a sinister, selfish adulterer. The
evidence?! "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus!" So
next time he asks you if he can jump down your chimney, slap him in the
face! Don't be taken in by the friendly facade. So be careful! Don't get too
drunk on Christmas Eve!

(Just realised-I managed to get 'sinister' in that...aren't I clever?!
impressed?!)

I'm still trying to get my sister (15) and brother (11) into B&S. I caught
my brother singing 'Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying' last week so it may
well be working!

Also, a few people on here have mentioned Camera Obscura and The Moldy
Peaches. I think I'm going to have to check them out...any particular albums
you'd recommend?!

Cheers...Ciao for Now!

Richard

PS Ken P Y Chu-love your posts! Keep 'em coming!

PPS Why have I got 'YMCA' by the Village People in my head?! Actually,
please don't answer that. Please?