Sinister: tangent ahead

Zoe bellezc at xxx.com
Mon Dec 10 04:15:23 GMT 2001

It's the middle of the night and I am pretending that I'm writing an
essay.It's about News values on TV.Now that's a subject, huh???I'm
bored...Plus today I had my first jealousy crisis.Yeap!It was great!
My boyfriend knows this person -not very well- who is editor of my uni's
newspaper, and they met in this meeting(sic) about the newspaper and then
she sent him an email saying that she fancies him and if he'd like to go out
with her!OK.So she didn't know he had a girlfriend.Fine...So he told her
that he is very happy in a relationship-with me. Then , and after they have
exchanged a few business orientated emails, she sends him an email starting
with "Hi, sweetie"...HI SWEETIE????
ARGH!!!! I saw it today and I got SO JEALOUS that I got embarrassed for
being so jealous.So I'm a bit possessive...SHOOT ME!!!HI SWEETIE???*#%&@

So now I'm calm...I have also just ready Laura Llwe's latest email and it's
greeeeeeeat!!!I loved it..especially the sock part.

Oh, yeah.Just remembered.This will be of more interest to the Greek members
of the list or the ones who reside in Greece, anyway. Erm,I met a few people
online through an Athenian radio station website (Rock FM 96,8), where there
is a forum under the name Belle & Sebastian.Anyway, some of them are in
Athens, others study somewhere else in Greece and others reside in the
UK-like me! So, we were thinking of making a move to meet in the Christmas
holidays and maybe create a Greek fun club or have a meeting anyway as we
all like B&S. I did advise them to check the list, too 'cos some of them
didn't know about it. So, my point is that any of the Greek or Greek
residing sinisterines, if you are interested in this email me.I thought
talking about it on the list would be the best thin gas I don't know how
many people from Greece are registered nowadays. I know the usual suspects
but you know...

So, yeah..I'm going to see the strokes in February..I like them..they are
funky and make me wanna dance.I got a ticket out of sheer luck too.Just cam
to me to be honest.Thought they were sold out and then,bang!an email from
their mailing list talking about something like tickets for funs...great
stuff, huh??they were saying how this happens in the US all the time!How
great is that?I liked it anyway...

Oh, yeah.Does anybody know where I could listen to some garage punk in
Birmingham?Where can one go?I found this place called Sputnik which looks
great and all-it even played Legal Man!!!- but it's VERY small and has this
huge speaker in one corner and it blasts music in high volume which is great
when there are a lot of people in a huge, high ceiling place but there?it's
a small low-ceiling cave...grumble....well, to be honest I have so much work
this year that I just don't have time to go anywhere. But I did go and see
this band called The Prefects...huhuhuhuhuh....These guys were around with
The Clash and The Sex Pistols. Apparently John Peel had said that they were
better than The Clash and they were a personal favourite.The fun part is
that one of my lecturers in uni was a member of the band. When the band
broke up some of them went on to form The Nightingales.Anyway, in late
September this lecturer I'm talking about was the organiser of a Punk
conference in my uni along with some more people.It was great!There were
members from Crass there and Caroline Coon and an ex-Blondie person and lots
of academics...Good stuff.So The Prefects grouped again and have played a
few gigs since then. They even had this CD which was compiled mainly from
two Peel sessions they did in '78 and '79 and 2 songs from the Electric
Circus in Manchester from '77. It was so weird seeing my lecturer on stage
banging his guitar and singing and stuff..I love this uni....Now the
Nightingales are playing again in B'ham on Tuesday...I might go.What the
hell.It'll be fun I guess.
My best gig this year, so far, has got to be PJ Harvey in Manchester.She was
amazing...

This year I have Filmfour and I am recording amazing films everyday.I have
also decided that sod media studies,I am doing a Film MA next year.Film is
in my blood and I love it...I also discovered a really nice song because of
a film.The film is Irma Vep by Olivier Assayas (France 1996) and the song is
Bonnie&Clyde by Luna.Well, originally the song is by Serge Gainsbourg sung
with Brigitte Bardot, I think but I have only heard the Luna version.

OK.I'm all finished...Until next time, eat chocolate and strawberry
cheesecakes...
lots of kisses,
Z.

www.studentpaper.co.uk