Sinister: Crappy Fold-up binoculars, Christmas, Panicking and Indie

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Mon Dec 10 18:58:24 GMT 2001

Well, I was today called an Indiekid. I was not sure whether this was a good
thing or a bad ne, but at leat it was better than being called a Goth.
    Eeeek! Noooooooo! you scream realising that this will be another of
Joe'e annoyingly long and offending/apologetic Goth posts. But it isn't.
There is though, a small section on goths after which I promise never to
mention them except incidentally in a post again, so you can skip the little
decorative bit if you don't want to read about them. Or read the next post,
whatever.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^Goth bit*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Last word on Goths:

Yes, okay, Goths are goths and there you go. I agree, the points I listed
are not exclusive to Goths, thy apply to lots of other people and there are
obviously goths who are exceptions. I Accept everything and will shut up
now.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^End of Goth Bit ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Other things that have happened: I have found out who I will be giving
presents to on the Christmas exchange.. Must hurry to do them, but it is
v.difficult to think of things for people you have never met. At least one
of them will be getting a mixtape. I was also thinking of giving someone a
nice record, but that's difficult too. Another idea is going to the bead
shop and making someone a bracelet. Which is cheap to post, too.
    Records are cool, I have decided. One day, I want my mum to buy a record
player, something she wants to do, but the problem is that she wants a 78rpm
one so she can play all my grandfather'd old records. But she can't find
one. I want her to buy one so that then I can buy some great big heavy vinyl
ones and struggle to lift them up onto the turntable. I wouldn't buy many
vinyl ones but I would like being able to buy records as oppossed to CDs.
The sleeves are bigger, for a start. And you can feel all elitist (sp?),
too. Indiekid-ish feelings, I'll give you but it would be fun. I fanyone has
an old record player they want to give me, please do. It doesn't matter to
much about the 78rpm thing for me. I think I might just have one vinyl
record, I'm not sure what it would be, though.
    Also, someone mentioned where nu-metal people get their unfeasibly wide
trousers from. I want to know this too, because of late, I have found that
what I really want in life is a pair of enormous red corduroy flares.
Shameful, but I'm shallow like that.
    Kieran Devaney talked about speech night. At my school, there is
something similar called speech day. Everyone has to wear clean shirts etc.
etc. and it goes on for some time. By the end, your hands are quite sore
with clapping. We had Rory Bremner as a special guest last year. He just
repeated some jokes off his show and scarpered, leaving before I could jump
up and get him to sign some bit of paper. Disappointing. I liked that post.
Apart from the bit about Jeanette Winterson, who is the most abrasive and
disagreeable author I can think of offhand. She writes in an irritating way
and just takes herself far too seriously while generally being pretentious.
And being a total bitch.
    That was a long post, but I haven't written to you people for a week or
something so I felt it justified.

!Viva Rachels!

Joe and Rachel. Vester and Pancake.

P.S. Rachel Pancake is a lovely person and you should all write her love
letters. But she likes it when they are addressed to me and talk about me
and are from girls. She also likes crush votes from girls. But she just
likes them on behalf of me, not because she's a lesbian. So, if you want to
please Rachel Pancake, Crush me.
P.P.S.Don't marry him, Crush me!
P.P.P.S.  Subliminal  *Crush me* Messaging.
P.P.P.P.S.  See   how  Crush me is lined up. Subtle, huh?