Sinister: Fellow Skeletons, etc.

Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Mon Dec 10 21:34:38 GMT 2001

Imagine my surprise when I found out that another boy dressed like a
skeleton and danced around at his friends' band's performance. I thought I
was the only one. I just have a mask though, no bone suit or anything. And I
dance the whole time, not during when they play. Only my friends' band is
called Vincent Price's Orphan Powered Death Machine. And they are quite
good. (http://www.xvpopdmx.cjb.net) At least, I think they're fun.

The real reason I posted was for a bit of a holiday present for all of you
that play your guitars in the E flat tuning like myself. A transcription of
B&S's cover of O Come O Come Emmanuel, for your strumming pleasure. It's in
E flat, so if you play standard, just move it back a fret. You'll get the
hang of it. The timing is unusual, too.

Verse:

D#min
O Come O Come Emmanuel
                   Gmin Dmin
And ransom captive Israel
     Gmin                   C
That mourns in lovely exile here
  A#                   F
Until the Son of God appear.

Refrain:
Rejoice, rejoice-
Gmin Dmin                     Gmin Dmin
Emmanuel shall come to thee O Israel.

O come o come great Lord of Might,
Who to thy tribes on Sinai's height.
In ancient clouds once gave the law
in cloud and majesty and awe.

Refrain.

O come thou day spring(?) come and cheer
Our spirits by thine advent here;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight.

Refrain.

O come thou key of David come (Pause with chords)
And open wide our (resume) heavenly home
Make safe the way that leads on high,
and close the path to misery.

Refrain.

Dmin
O come Emmanuel,
                  A#  F
and ransom captive Israel,
     Gmin                  C
that mourns in lonely exile here
A#                    F
until the Son of God appear.

Refrain.

p.s. I am looking to spend the holidays in Japan with a friend. Can anyone
recommend any hostels or regions to visit? I've been once before, but it
would be cool to get an insider's recommendation.