Sinister: the b&s set list

dougal shaw dougalshaw at xxx.com
Mon Dec 10 22:16:53 GMT 2001

Now that new gigs are coming up in Glasgow, I'm reminded of the most
ingenious feature of the shows on the last tour. The band saw fit to
intersperse Isobel Campbell's songs throughout the band's set. The result:
convenient toilet breaks, or a chance to re-visit the bar.

On the Isobel note, a friend of a friend says she is recording a solo album
in Glasgow at the moment. Apparently she visibly wears a G-string to work: a
nice visual counterpoint to that sweet, rasping, innocent voice.

I'm currently trying to hire (or perhaps sew for myself) a fox outfit to
wear to the Glasgow concert. (Well someone went as the Major in the last
Glasgow gig...)If it snows (which is not unlikely)that would be a massive
coup de theatre, and I'll be the belle of the ball. On a practical level it
would also keep me pretty warm. On a less practical level it would almost
certanly get me beaten up as I scurry back through Glasgow. And knowing my
luck I'd probably get lost and turn up at a 'So Solid Crew' gig, or a
fox-hunting rally...

On a bitter note, why aren't they playing Edinburgh? It just seems
vindictive now. They've made their point, Glasgow's miles better, ok we
agree: it's time they played the capital of their home country.

dougal