Sinister: curses, foiled again!

erin dougiefish at xxx.com
Tue Dec 11 04:58:31 GMT 2001

As I am one of the great un-religioned masses, I had
to become a missionary for someone other than
Christ.  I chose Belle & Sebastian.  I must be the
world's most unpersuasive missionary, however, as
my last attempt ended not in making the boy a fan of
B&S, but rather making him an enormous fan of
“Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It” and the
idiosyncratic line “You only did it so that you could
wear terry underwear...”  I did, however, try my very
best, and perhaps the fact that he adores “Carriage
Clock” possibly more than his ‘Horowitz plays Chopin
sonatas’ CD (which is saying quite a lot for this
particular boy) is reward enough.

I came home on Friday to find someone new living in
my room.  All I asked for Christmas was a new
roommate who likes good music.  I don’t know what
I’ve done this year that was so unspeakably heinous,
but I got a roommate who listens to nothing but rap
and owns an incredible amount of shoes.  No, quite
literally -- they’re all neatly lined up in several rows,
Imelda-Marcos-style, under her bed.  She owns the
same white pair of Adidas with two colored stripes on
the side in six colors alone (1 pair = $50 [on sale] 6
pairs = $300 -- *for the SAME shoe!*).  If a riot ever
broke out in the dorm, we could ride it out behind a
make-shift bunker of roommate-shoes.  Or, more
likely, if we come close to killing each other, she may
come home to find a wall of shoes neatly cemented
down the the center of the room.

Kieran mentioned getting hit by cars.  I have been -- in
a crosswalk, as a pedestrian, with a green light, in a
school zone, at 8 am.  It still bothers me that *I* was
blamed for it by the CHP (figure that one out).  It does,
however, make a pretty good party story, but mostly
only because I wasn’t hurt seriously.

...So there’s no Belle & Sebastian content here... or
much content in general, but I needed a reprieve from
finals and my as-yet-unfinished,
due-tomorrow-morning sociology paper.  I shall
returning to lurking after wishing you all a happy
holiday --

So Happy Hollandaise, Everyone!

` erin