Sinister: All I want for Christmas is a list crush vote...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 11 14:19:42 GMT 2001

...or failing that, I'll settle for some mad, passionate lovemaking. Ken
need not apply.

Those new T-shirts look quite fabulous, so if anyone fancies being kind to
me this Christmas...

I'm not sure how lifelike the pictures of the band members are though - for
one thing, Richard isn't gurning enough for him to be playing the drums, and
I'm sure a few people here would question whether a couple of band members
would fit inside each other...

Meanwhile, Madeleine (whose name I still haven't figured out how to spell
without looking it up) mentioned the joys of the archives. And it's amazing
how little has changed over the last 4 years (apart from a decline in the
amount of smut - where is Archel when you need her?). Although if you go
waaaaay back to the first month of Sinister, you'll find an intense
discussion about whether B&S will ever get to be as big a band as The
Cardigans
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199708/msg00130.html). Yes,
really.

Other favourite topics at the time included asking repeatedly why the band
wouldn't release Tigermilk / Modern Rock Song / Loneliness of a
Middle-Distance Runner; and whether Elvis was a cat, a dog or a sprig of
broccoli. Aah, the good old days.

It's also an exercise in spotting the people who, 4 years later, still
haven't found anything better to do with their life.

Okay, list abuse time (hey, I don't do it much. Well okay, I do. Never mind
eh?). Anyone know how easy it is to get from Florida (where I'm going for a
conference in May) to anywhere nice and worth travelling around, eg Mexico /
Cuba? Not sure if I'll be able to afford to do a bit of travelling or not,
but I'm hoping...

Big Stu