Sinister: donovanydonovanydonovanydonovany...

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 11 17:54:17 GMT 2001

Darn and blast you all, everytime i think of something I want to say on
sinister, everyone goes and says it. And this time, it was archel. A record
of three things that I have thought about today, and she steals them from my
head like the anti-santa.  This frightens me a little, maybe I know her in a
cunning guise...I hope so!;-)

Anyway, this post is just reiterating (is that right?) what some have said,
but padded with fuzz, so I'll keep it...no, better not promise to keep it
short, it never seems to work.

1: Struan's voice IS a bit donovany (thats a fun word to repeat...say the
subject line...), most obvious in the line, "she was the one love of my
life...". And I do sometimes worry that much B&S is plagarised, but is it
true plagarism if they do it <-------> this much better and
<---------------------> this much more emotive? I think not.

2. The new single, alright, not exactly the canine's cobblers but I agree
with archel in that Marx and Engels is hoobilicious. But I have respect for
idles, because she scares me slightly. In a seductive way.

3. The Big Lebowski, possibly the most beautifully quotable film in history,
I  will therefore recite some of my favourites with relish:
"Eight years old, dude." "The dude abides." "But dude, d'ya have to use so
many cuss words?" "Well, for f**ks sake, Walter, y'know, f**k you. Yeah, see
you at practice."
OK, that'll do for now, but you're getting off light...

Right, enough of the formal points.
Kieran, your school is stoopid.

Sorry about the list abuse, everyone. Well, I don't know what I've actually
done but I'm convinced by reading some posts that I commit list abuse
everytime I breathe! Ha ha, the wit.

Oh, oh, this is funny, if you haven't heard it before. I'll give you the
situation:
At a friends. He has his Aussie cousin over, so I naturally started to rib
him for being an Aussie, giving it the old, "Who was it that was asked on
his passage to Australia if he had a criminal record and he replied, "I
didn't know it was still necessary!?" (It was Oscar Wilde by he way...) so
he told me this...
"Someone asked Stevie Wonder if he minded being blind, and he replied, "it
could be worse, I could be black!" Ah ha ha! Eeee, hee hee hee!
Quite.

Well, against all chances, this has wound up short. Sod's law really, as
soon as I said I wouldn't promise...

the boy with the scarab hat
Corduroy Boy

P.S. Archel: (and anyone else who wishes to know my self made picture of
archel) I'm sure I've mentioned this before but "archel" makes you sound
like some huge, cool, destroying warrior angel! But a hot one, like on the
back of "Ash: free all angels"  t-shirts... Anyway, is this woollen goods
for favours thing still on? I have a brown balaclava with monkey ears on...
actually, I'd like to keep that.

P.P.P.P.S:(excuse my stutter) the last sign off I did was taken from the
amazing advert (now, sadly not with us...) for Kia Ora. Possible 2nd place
advert phrase? The Quavers one. "Ooooh, they're floaty light...".