Sinister: If you could free my inner child then I could free your inhibitions, baby

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Tue Dec 11 17:56:41 GMT 2001

Dougal Shaw's post was nice and amusing to read this morning. I like the
idea of the tiger suit in Glasgow. Apparently some men like when ladies wear
their low-riders and expose the strings on the side (or worse), although
personally, I think it's a bit trashy.

I had a whole idea in my mind about I'm Waking Up To Us before I heard the
song. I was thinking more in the positive - waking up figuratively and
literally, Oh my love, how lovely you look sleeping. Do not stir! I will go
and make us some crepes with my strong, freckled, Scottish arms. This is
appealing as any girl with over-protective parents will know, the sleepover
is quite the mastermind operation that requires extreme precision,
synchronizing of fellow girlfriend's cell phone, etc. I like that oldies
song that goes "I like it, I like it" - 'And I like the way you let me come
in when yer Mummer ain't there!' But anyways, the song wasn't like that at
all. It was about the realization of a terrible relationship, so that's a
bit sad. Difficult not to read the song as autobiographical? I suspect the
lyrics may appeal more to girls who feel a bit under appreciated - 'But
Struan, *I* would never ask you to buy my expensive clothes. By god man, if
all you ever wanted is to show the beauty of the world that surrounds me,
that's all I'll ever need!' He sounds so sad, on the verge of crying. I
forget about wanting to slap the stupid girl in the song and want to console
him.

I love the instrumental bit (especially at the end) of ILMC. It sounds like
it's from the olden days. A smoky bar with Struan in a fancy hat or
something, being mildly menacing (but in that appealing way: arm stretched
out, hand resting on the wall, girl leaning her back on the wall) to a girl
in a swirly skirt.

I was excited at the prospect of Keith's Grammar School that one listee is
attending. A lovely vision of headmistresses impatiently rapping the
blackboard: "Repeat after me: Alright lads, Haha! Top."

Another lovely vision, someone told me that in England when they make cattle
grids there HAS to be a little ramp exiting the hole so as to make sure
little critters who fall through the grid can get back out. I hope this is
true and not someone playing with my mind!

I am one of those annoying Christmas person (I do love it!), so I will be
careful not to cause smoke to fly from little sinisterine ears. Papa is a
church organist so now is the time of year when the house is flooded with
hymns. They (B&S) already did one of my favourites last time, and despite
the wide array of choice, I would most like them to do O Holy Night. But
please! Struan to sing that one. If you think I'm being mean to Isobel, I
could see her (and Sarah) singing Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.
Plus, Mick gets a nice trumpet bit. Then to finish with Il Est Ne, Le Divin
Enfant. Hope you all have fantastic shows in Belfast and Glasgow. :)

Although never actually hearing the word in a conversation, I suddenly see
'pastiche' everywhere! Is it like the dreaded pasties? Oh that feeling in
the early morning hours after a night of alcohol, thinking my kingdom for a
glass of water only for it to taste so horrible.

Love,
Genevieve