Sinister: tis the season to be b&s'y...

Richard Cottyn R.Cottyn at xxx.com
Tue Dec 11 23:58:20 GMT 2001

Tis indeed. But then again, I'm b&s'y all the time!

It's over a year since the day I walked into my local record shop and
thought "I haven't bought an album for a while", and I just got that urge
(like you do) to just pick something off the shelf and buy it. IYFS
attracted by eyes, and i thought "Belle and Sebastian? Oh yea I've heard of
them". So I assigned it to the benevolent homo sapien behind the trestle,
who duly deposited it into a receptacle. In other words, I got it. And the
rest is history. I must have good instincts!

And now, for a slight titbit of b&s content that will no doubt have your
mouth watering and...erm...other things.

But, haha! (heres the clever bit) I'm not gonna tell you it yet! I promise
you that it will come up later in the post-it will be like a Paul Daniels
trick, (no, it won't be crap) it will be a surprise!

huyyjujihuuuujiuuuighjuhyyuuuuuhuyuhhujuuuhjikuh (sorry, damn hair in
keyboard!) erm...yea, well I 've realised how much I love writing to
sisnister, because I can ramble and stuff and (hopefully) no-one will reply
saying "stop talking rubbish!" which would happen if I sent something like
this to people in my address book.

and now...(Richard shouts 'Abracadabra' to reveal...)

the b&s content.

It really isn't that interesting at all, but it made my week. I've been in a
play all week, and on Saturday night we had the 'end-of-show-party'. It
wasn't much, especially seen as the average age of people in this theatre
comapny is about 45! (At 17, I'm the youngest one!)

Well as time went on, people began to go home, and as the early morning
crept in there were only a few of us left. The Abba CD had just stopped
playing so I had a brainwave. Richard, I thought. You have TBWTAS in dad's
car. So I rushed out to get it and was soon singing along to ICHBABC, so
that everyone would know it was my cd. no-one complained about it, no-one
requested abba again, so I was pleasantly surprised.

And now, the important bit. Track 9 began to start, The funky intro to
TBWTAS drifted across the room, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an
elderly couple (mid fifties) get up and start dancing! OK, it was only for
about 10 seconds. OK, they may have been a bit drunk. But I thought,
way-hey, old people dancing to may fave band!

Was it worth the wait? OK, maybe not (I told you it was like a Paul Daniels
magic trick!)

Anyway, I'm off-Cheese and crackers are calling me...

Yours in all things B&S,

Richard

P.Shhhfff. Oops, I've developed a lisp! Almost as bad as Corduroy Boy's
stutter!