Sinister: King of Carrot Flowers.

erin dougiefish at xxx.com
Wed Dec 12 05:55:31 GMT 2001

>every advantage has it's disadvantage. whoever
guesses this quote and is not from
>holland gets a mix-cd with dutch and belgium
bands.

While it's actually an old English proverb, it was
uttered by Dutch ex-football star Johan Cruijff, and I
assume that's to whom you are referring. (and I'm
american :)

Today, my socio prof taught me the secret to
appearing very edified in any situation: rub your chin
thoughtfully and say, with conviction, "Well, *actually*,
it's a little more complicated than that."  I tried it twice
today, and lo and behold -- I like that phrase, 'lo and
behold', it's great for hyperbolic narratives -- it worked
quite well.  I will be in trouble, however, if someone
ever asks me to explain *why* exactly it's more
complicated.

And Kenneth is now my best friend because he loves
me.  I will assume he loves me because I need
someone on the list to love me, and Kenneth’s as
good as any.

`er`n

PS -- why is Sinister neglecting to post my mails?
Most unusual.  (and if this has gone through a bunch
of times, I appologize.  I only sent it twice, I promise).

PPS -- how is a duvet really any different from a
blanket?  On my bed, I have a big comforter, flannel
sheets, and light blanket (all of which I use to build a
little nest everynight.  And yes, I turn around three
times before I curl up).  Is there something special
about a duvet  that would offer me a fundamentally
better sleep experience?  And, if so, could I measure
this quantitatively?