Sinister: 13th Note, russian dolls, winter... this post has it all!

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Wed Dec 12 11:27:50 GMT 2001

Brrrr!

Brrr!

Br-r-r-r-r-r-r!

Welcome, ladies and gentleman, to winter! An icy cold
spectacular filled with long dark nights, and short
hours of sunlight!
Be sure to keep your fingers tucked in your mittens
and wear at least a couple of layers, because its
going to be chilly!

I had a look at the design of those new t shirts, on
the Banchory Shop website.
I foresee a barrage of smutty jokes about managing to
fit all of B+S inside Stevie’s hole.
Or less smutty jokes about actually wanting some B+S
Russian Dolls, so you can play Richard Is A Cannibal
(Oh Yes He Is), and on your Santa’s letters asking for
B+S in your stockings.

Corduroy Boy said:
2. The new single, alright, not exactly the canine's
cobblers but I agree with archel in that Marx and
Engels is hoobilicious. But I have respect for idles,
because she scares me slightly. In a seductive way.

Don’t be scared. I don’t bite… hard.

I went onto the Eastenders website last night, cos I
felt like it. I tried to go into #sinister, but I’m
obviously doing the wrong thing. If anyone could give
me some step by step advice, I’d appreciate it. Just
send me an e mail and say
“Idles, you silly girl, this is what you’re meant to
do.. and you’ll need to download this and this and
this..”

The annual festival at Camber Sands.. its come a long
way baybee since the B+S hosted one I never went to.
Have you seen the latest line up? And now they’re
doing it over two weekends as well!

Sad, sad news about the 13th Note in Glasgow,
methinks. But there was a post on a website about how
you can raise money… heres some stuff for anyone
interested posted from John Williamson:

“HOW TO HELP

Since the 13th Note went into liquidation, everyone
has been encouraged by the number of offers to help
from both individuals and some of the bigger suppliers
and organisations involved with the business. This,
couple with
individual support, may help the 13th Note survive in
some form.
Help 13 is a fund that I have set up to raise money to
assist Craig and the 13th Note in its current
situation. It will be run by a trust that will include
an accountant, an academic, a journalist, a radio
producer and representatives of bands and event
organisers as well as former employees of 13th Note
Ltd. The aim of the fund is NOT to help clear existing
debts or liabilities of 13th Note Ltd – but to help
towards re-establishing a new
business for the future.
It’s aims are to (1) help in cases of individual need
caused by the liquidation of 13th Note Ltd – using a
maximum of 25% of funds raised and
(2) to be in a position to make a transfer of funds to
any new business that arises on its formation and
completion of a business plan. Larger investors would
be given a chance to either become share-holders in a
new business or be repaid their money after period of
trading. Full details are available for download at
www.13thnote.com/aims.PDF

Here are some suggested ways of helping:

A GRAND PLAN: a number of people have offered to
donate, loan or invest £1000 to the fund in return for
a small stakeholding in any new company. If you are in
the fortunate position of being able to do this,
please
consider it.

However, no amount at this point is too small, and if
you don’t have any money to donate, please consider
any of the following options:

· organising an event or gig that will raise funds for
help13.
· Donating time to help in other ways – admin work,
flyering, helping with the organising or promotion of
events.
· Donating skills: if you would be able to contribute
anything (web skills particularly) that would help
raise the awareness of help13, please get in touch.
· Telling other people: if you know anyone else who
you think might be interested in contributing, please
forward this e-mail to them.
· Keeping in touch: you may not be in a position to,
nor want to, help in any of the ways listed above but
still care about the future of the 13th
Note. If so, feel free to get in touch. People who
have received this e-mail will get future updates as
well.

E-mail

If you want to get in touch – please do so. There is
an e-mail address help13 at btinternet.com or you can
e-mail me at johncwilliamson at btinternet.com

Bank

The “Help 13” account is held at Lloyds TSB Bank,
52-60 St.Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5TS. The account
number is 0076021 and the sort code 30-25-83. Cheques
can be made payable to “help 13”. While a PO Box
number is being set up, please e-mail if you wish to
contribute and we will forward further information.

And Lastly. . .

Remember that there are a whole host of excellent gigs
still taking place at the 13th Note. Support them if
you can! This week includes Pleasure Forever and
Senator (Wednesday 12th at the club), Lali Puna and
bis
(Thursday 13th at the club), New End Original and One
Man and His Droid (Friday 14th at the club). Also on
Friday, at the café, is the enticising line up of
Beachwood Sparks, Neal Casal and Vera Cruise.

On behalf of the staff and former staff of the 13th
Note, thanks again for your support.”

There’s more info at
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=111700&article=3537

So if anyone is feeling charitable, perhaps you could
help save the place my pal describes as “scabby
soap-dodging indie kids haven that I don’t mind going
to”. (She prefers her twendee bars usually, but its
one of the few places she’s willing to go with minimal
arm twisting.) Lets face it, every year, something
happens, that leaves people who have an interest in
non-mainstream music with less. And its going to carry
on, and then what will we do? What will we leave our
kids? Its not about you, its about making sure that
your kids don’t become Virgin-sponsored whores, and
grow up properly, like we did- getting bullied at
school before reaching a point in their lives where
they discover underground music and find people they
can connect with, and learn how to play guitar rather
than just singing Steps Kareoke and pulling boys with
wet look haircuts. Or wearing Ben Sherman shirts like
all their pals and refusing to buy vinyl because it
smells funny.
(or whatever the alternative will be in thirty years
time)

right, I think that’s enough for one day….

Idles

=====
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/corduroysmoke and the world did get covered in a thick haze of corduroy smoke. And it felt good.