Sinister: Judy is a shaky lady

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu Dec 13 14:05:30 GMT 2001

Oh dear.

I was ill yesterday and had to go home. All because I went to a takeaway
called Ali Baba’s 40 Amazing Dishes the night before. People said I was as
green as a green plate of mushy peas and I felt like one too. I should have
known better, but I’m always a sucker for a stupid name. I’m always the one
who drinks the guest ale called The Reverend’s Ring, even though it tastes
like wellies.

So I went home, had some soup, went to bed, had some soup, watched Richard
and Judy and had some soup. On Richard and Judy they have a phone-in quiz
where you have to describe an object without mentioning its name:

[A picture of a tree flashes onto the screen]

Caller: Erm, it grows in the garden.

Richard and Judy: Grass!

Caller: No. It’s big and it’s got a trunk.

Judy: An elephant!

Poor Judy. She still shakes a lot too. When they left their show on ITV I
thought it might be because Judy was shaking so much her hands were creating
a strobe lighting effect. When the new show began I half expected a health
warning beforehand: Warning, This Program Contains A Trembling Woman.

All in all a wasted day. And I felt guilty feeling sorry for myself. On the
bus home I offered my seat to an old man who was gripping one of the poles
for dear life. He said “Oh no thank you young man. It’s my legs, you see. If
I sit down I’ll never get up again. Of course I consider myself lucky
compared to some.” I felt pretty pathetic after that.

Bloody Ali Baba. He can stuff his 39 other “Amazing Dishes”

It’s good to see a debate on IWUTU. In my opinion it’s the best ‘single’
they’ve done so far. I’m not sure why but somehow, despite the style being
so different, the title song feels like something off If You’re Feeling
Sinister. I think it must be the lyrics; sad, honest and funny all at once.

It’s good to revisit a bit of smut from Archel too. I remember reading that
post about orgies before I met her and *being very scared*. But she’s never
that smutty in real life and rather sweet. Maybe I’m just not trying hard
enough, eh Archel?

I'm off to have some soup...

Robinx

PS: To all the Bobs on our mixtape team: I’m still trying to work out the
rules but when I have I’ll let you know and we can devise a plan of action.