Sinister: Ring ,Happiness, Film ,Cheese

Zoe bellezc at xxx.com
Thu Dec 13 22:51:42 GMT 2001

I was just reading an old post by Archel and she was talking about weird
movies and I just remembered all about the scariest film I have ever seen in
my life...

It was a few weeks ago and I decided that I was bored and decided to watch
"Ring"(1996) by Hideo Nakata. If you have seen it you'll know what I'm
talking about...If you ever see it, then I am warning you that your
television will never look the same again..It's about this journalist who
discovers that there is a mystery around a video tape that if you see it you
will get a telephone call telling you that you will die in a week. Then
after a week you actually do die. It is quite complicated and SOOOOO
SCARY!!!I think that what makes it scary is that it is filmed in a very
naturalistic way.The lighting is fairly neutral .Also, the film is not made
as a science fiction film or horror.Everything is depicted as perfectly
normal.There is a scene that I will tell you about it because even if you
know it's SO SCARY it doesn't matter.So, at this scene pure evil-yes, yes-
comes out of the television and that's where I put my head in my jumper-you
can do that...- ,sat deeper in the couch and started moving like an autistic
saying "ohmegod, ohmegod...".  I got scared ok???

Since I am talking about films, I want to see Storytelling but I am a bit
dubious about it as I am constantly thinking about "Happiness" and whether
Solondz can live up to it.The feedback so far hasn't been encouraging but I
have to go and see for myself.

When I first started writing here I had just entered university and now I am
almost finished -sweeeeeeet (or that horrible thing that people say and when
I hear it I want to smack them: "awwwww!!Bless!!!".)...-which means I have
to do a dissertation.
Anyway, since my degree is Media and Comm. with Film I decided that I don't
really want to do a dissertation on New Media, Internet and Politics but
instead I want it to be about film!!So, this is the title of my dissertation
and I am excited about it-I won't be so excited in May but hey...
"Representations of a dystopian, technologically advanced world in three
contemporary films" and it is going to be EITHER about Blade Runner,
Terminator 2 and The Matrix OR Brazil instead of Terminator. It's all about
films, popular culture and stuff...It's going to be my masterpiece...I
know...

Oh yeah.You know, there is this REALLY CHEESY series on ITV2 called
Felicity.Does anybody know about it??It's soooo politically correct it would
make Todd Solondz puke and decide that he has to go and become a nun, at the
same time!
I was watching it the other day -double bill as well.It's my job to watch
horrible TV.But I love TV.It's what I live for...no, ok...but I like it
anyway- and it was all about this person who is not having a good
relationship with his father and that other girl hose birth father has died
and she lectures him etc etc...it's got everything: student life and
university troubles, fathers who are alcoholics, sons who have childhood
traumas because the alcoholic fathers were never there-I can feel the tears
coming-, daughters who found out they were adopted and came to NYC to find
their birthparents and then her birth father dies because she didn't help
when he needed a bone marrow transplant and SHE was the only donor!!!HOW
HORRIBLE!!!Beverly Hills (first cycles) is nothing in front of this troubled
show..Oh yeah the best part was when Felicity-the main character-missed her
exams because she was doing jiggy jiggy with her boyfriend and then they
realised that there was something wrong with the clock and so the boyfriend
went to the lecturer and explained how it was all his fault and please give
her a chance, 'cos I love her...

mmm I know I have talked about it a lot but it's pure cheese...

oh well, on that note:BYE BYE

stilton
nope
cheddar