Sinister: Glasgow meet-up?

Michael Grant dangerous_mike at xxx.com
Mon Dec 17 20:55:36 GMT 2001

>Love and Red Bulls
>Ken
>P.S.: Hey - are there any meet-ups before the Glasgow gig?  Someone should
>TAKE CONTROL!  Heh.

GRRRRR! im taking control. (ish)

i propose a meet-up in a drinking establishment before we go to belle and
sebastian. not the most radical idea in the world, i know, but i think it'll
do.

i was thinking of the qmu itself, *BUT* its no longer term-time, is it open
all the time? will it let in large numbers of non-students? anyone who can
help me, let me know. i may be being silly and the qmu is an option, but i
propose curlers as a venue for a number of reasons.
1. - its nice and has a (reasonably) good jukebox. no b&s, but more
indie-ish than poppy. (blur, gomez, etc)
2. - its right-next door to hillhead underground station, so anyone coming
from far away (ken?) or just the other side of the city, can get there
easily from the centre of town.
3. - its a 5minute walk away from the qmu.
4. - i will probably be working in echo records in byres road on thursday,
and curlers is right across the road. if we meet there, then i can be lazy
and not walk very far!
5. - its one of the 'its-a-scream' pubs, and students get yummy discounts!!
6. - ive been drinking in there for a couple of years now (im 18), so it
shouldnt be *too much* of a problem for any mini-sinisterines to come along.
(not that im condoning under-age drinking or anything, but if those
youngsters are gonna drink, then would it not be better for them to do so
with the supervision of big and wise sinister folk?)

this is a provisional plan, and if anyone can see any major flaws in it,
then let me know. if anyone has a major problem with curlers, again let me
know.

time : eh...when is it acceptable to start drinking? if im not working ill
start drinking early, (bout4?). if i am working, ill just try and get off
work early. (bout4?)

hope to see lots of people there,

mike.xx