Sinister: You don't mean to say that I hold in my mortal hands a nugget of purest *green*?!

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 18 17:21:14 GMT 2001

Coo coo ken chu...(*surely* that one's already been done?)
I think it's near enough the time to start sobbing audibly over the lack of
gigs I will be going to, but I won't cry too hard, because I did that last
time and then miracles happened and it turned out I could go. I found out on
the *afternoon* of the Preston gig that me going was a real...reality.
Having never been to a gig before this, can you imagine what this did to my
little mind? Blown away my friend, blown away.

Well, a fine ma-hock to you all.

As recent days have turned into yet another whipping frenzy about
sinisterbites meeting sinisterbites, I'd like to throw in a small note
relaying my presence in Sheffield, and the beautiful possibilities of some
form of meet-up in this whereabouts. I'd be especially pleased to hear from
the younger end of 'bites, but most of you older indie kids will no-doubt
have seen me twisting and contorting myself across the dance floor anyway,
so it'd be great to "do lunch en-mass" (i.e. sandwiches and ribena under an
umbrella in the Peace Gardens or @the forum, even if it's full of metal
freaks).
Enough of that, as I know most of you feel excluded by now and think, "Aw,
not another non-post" etc.

Oh no, not another non-post, this post has real meaty content, in the form
of Tompaulin, the band mentioned by few, loved by the same few.
I am one of those few, even if I do prefer the singles.
But, I went to a gig the other day and boy was the sound engineering a load
of lemons. Feedback almost constantly, no vocals for ages etc. I felt really
sorry for them and had a good dance anyway, which I think (hope) he
appreciated.
I e-mailed an apology to them, quoting the name of the place ("Fuzz Club"),
and in the reply he quipped, "Fuzz Club indeed, Tom, fuzz was all I could
hear!". Hee hee!
Anyway, the bassist woman smiled at the few who made the dancing effort and
said, "We knew we'd pick up some dancers in Sheffield" to which my friend
jovially replied, "What was that? Sheffield sound engineers are s**t?!" to
the audience's giggles and the sound guy's chagrin.

Christmas is just around the corner (why do people say that? It's right
infront of us, in a perfectly logical quantitive period.), and how does the
education system wish us a merry Christmas? With fun christmas quizzes!
Known to many as exams.

A world of pain, my friend, a world of pain.

I know this post is a bit short, but I hope you don't mind if I end it now,
do you? It's just I thought I had something interesting to say, which just
goes to show how wrong you can be.
I can't be the only person who suddenly looks at a post and thinks, "that's
totally boring", can I? I reread it, and just when I thought I had fallen
asleep I realise I'm dead.
Sorry to all those I'm disappointing with this mediocre driiiiiivel. Looks
like I don't deserve to spend any more time in the presence of literary
masters like half-bees and warrior angels wearing the latest knitwear. I'll
try harder next time, my little dears, and until then remember that I love
you all. Yes, even you Ken. *mwah*

Spacehoppers,
Corduroy Boy Tom
(The boy at the end of the queue under the mistletoe...ha ha...)