Sinister: belfast, childish glee

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Wed Dec 19 18:30:54 GMT 2001

Hi list,

This is my first post in years... All i wanted to do was express my
trembling excitement at B&S's first show in my favourite town - in the very
hall where I almost drank myself to death on numerous occasions during my
student years... Oh Friday, when will you come? Not only the show, but the
start of my Christmas Hols. Becoming a teacher (I Rule the School, as it
were) was the best thing I ever did.. TWO FULL WEEKS paid christmas
holidays.

Re the Menagerie bar in Belfast, more than one person has told me that
Struan once played an impromptu secret solo show there - is this true or was
I misinformed?

About a friday meet-up, The Botanic Inn on a friday is an horrendous
cattle-mart where no reasonable human being should go. The Bunatee in the
Union Building may be closed, as it's out of term time. I'm going to go out
on a limb and suggest a plan for those interested: the basement bar of the
Empire Music Hall from about 6pm onwards. It's a good bar, and they also
serve cheap and tasty meals for those who may arrive in town hungry. If this
doesn't suit, email.

See youse all,
Ian.

Tim - give me a phone at home