Sinister: who would've thought that you could care for me?

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Wed Dec 19 18:45:21 GMT 2001

so i've been reading this book called "the perks
of being a wallflower" by stephen chbosky.

its all these letters that an anonymous 15 year
old boy has written to *you* (the reader), about
his life and the first year of high school.  it's
very very good.  sensitive, yearning, etc....

talks alot about music, one song in particular:
"asleep" by the smiths.  the kid has good taste.
anyway so i highly recommend this book to any
who, like me, love coming-of-age stories.

about the new single:  i finally bought MYSELF a
copy of it, and i think its grate.

IWUTU is a very funny and clever song.  stuart's
vocals sound VERY reminiscent of LOVE (another
band i highly recommend)
i seem to remember hearing somewhere that b&S
have been influenced by Love.

ILMC still hasnt really hit me yet, but just give
it time and i'm sure it will.

M & E is a really really good song. as you all
know.

    *******anecdote*******

ok, so i was drinking a cold beer in the shower.
  (if i had a dime for how many of my stories
started off with that exact line)  anyway.  i
really enjoy drinking an ice-cold beer in the
shower.  its the perfect dichotomy of the ICE
COLDNESS and the STEAMING HOTNESS.  so i'm
soaping up and singing to myself.  i think i was
singing Nina Simone's "i wish i knew how it would
feel to be free"  and i've got shampoo all up in
my hair.  i take a nice drag off the old beer and
set it back in the handy shower head rack thingy,
and it slips from my grasp and through the back
of the rack thingy and falls, shattering against
the edge of the tub.  now, my head is still full
of soap, and my feet are covered in shards of
glass and beer AND the floor of the bathroom is
also covered in glass and beer.  and to make
things worse, right before i had even taken a
shower, the bathroom light had burned out, and
the only bulb i had was a red lightbulb, so the
whole bathroom was bathed in a very intense dark
red light.  anyway, it was a hassle but i finally
got it all cleaned up without slashing myself.
the red light made things difficult, but it DID
throw an interesting air of surrealism and
absurdity over the situation, which is always
welcome.

anyway that's about it.  hope everyone has a nice
long weekend.  be safe & laugh alot, ok?

  lots of love and non-slip beer
bottles...........caleb ben

=====
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a
harder battle." ~Plato

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other,
but in looking together in the same direction."
                       -Antoine de Saint-Exupery