Sinister: belfast, childish glee

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Wed Dec 19 20:26:55 GMT 2001

hello all,

on 19/12/01 18:30, Ian McKinney at the_gibber at hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm going to go out
> on a limb and suggest a plan for those interested: the basement bar of the
> Empire Music Hall from about 6pm onwards. It's a good bar, and they also
> serve cheap and tasty meals for those who may arrive in town hungry. If this
> doesn't suit, email.

This sounds like a good plan. I will be there. If you tell me where the
Empire Music Hall is.

Can we have some kind of call sign so that we will be able to recognise each
other, and I won't have to go up to complete strangers and suffer
embarrassment when I ask them are they are going to Belle & Sebastian only
to get the reply "No, but I hate cockfarmers like you" before glassing me?

So how about, I will be ostentatiously reading the NME while my glamorous
friend Rener will be glancing around the room glamorously. And just so that
you don't think I'm some oldarse who happens to be in the pub reading the
NME by sheer coincidence, I am actually an oldarse so don't be afraid to say
hello.

incidentally, for the purposes of this meetup my name is not Dirty Vicar but
Ian.

does anyone know if the Nelson Mandela Hall is the kind of place you can
bring cameras into?

in other news, I went to see Stereolab but was a bit too *tired* to
appreciate them. The Jimmycake played a stormer of a set before them,
though.

bless you all.

DV