Sinister: "hey, remember when we dated and you were 19 and you thought I was 16? well, i'm really five years younger than you!" "i see." "do you?" "i do."

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Thu Dec 20 13:58:12 GMT 2001

'ello sinister.  I haven't posted in a while, so for those of you who've made it a point not to recognize my ramblings: hello.

I think I'll start off with a new name and call myself sethe, because that's usually what my pen name is.  So hello, I'm Sethe, and yes, I took that from a Toni Morrison book.

This week I let an old boyfriend know I was five years younger than him.  A feat accomplished!

Someone posted earlier about the perks of being a wallflower, which would be a great book except it was published by mtv.

I read some poetry last night which was insanely pretty.  It drove me nuts for hours, and left me lonely to no end.  When I listen to Tigermilk, the first four minutes and 56 seconds leave me lonely to no end.  (IS 'state' four minutes and fifty six seconds?  seemed the right number..)

The Belle gig is tonight, isn't it?  For all of you lucky enough to be attending, have a positively GRAND time.

Are any sinister types going to be in New York on january 2?  I have nothing planned for that day and it would be nice to meet.. whoever's on the list now and is living in new york.  I think I'm meeting up with my friend Max that day, who's also on the list, so you can meet both of us (us being very interesting and.. erm..).

Well, I'm vegan.  If anyone wants to yell at me for being unreasonably uncompromising, they can email me.  If they want to do it in person in NY, even better.  :-)

I feel an impending sense of responsibility over my head that says "talk about something that's been on the list lately, talk about something that is belle and sebastian related, talk about something that these people can relate to.."

Lemony Snicket is brilliant.  Along with Nick Bantok.  And Sempe.  I like books with pictures.  Pretty pictures... pretty books.

B&S content:
an aim conversation had with a friend
friend: what do you liiiiike
friend: er who
me: who do i like?
me: i like myself
me: and i like men to kiss my arse, expensive clothes..
still me: :-)
i talk too much: i crack myself up
disgusted and not a belle fan friend: oh you sped

sped being special ed. kids, always cracking themselves up, of course...

I'm off to read chabon and to think about the reasons why I don't want to see myself on speed.

lots of love to you all!

cheers
h (..i mean)

cheers