Sinister: Nonsense, darling, I wouldn't lick a German if he was glazed in honey...

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 20 17:02:31 GMT 2001

I found myself pulled into an awkwardly shining post, not recognising the
e-mail address of the sender.
I should have recognised Gordon a lot sooner.

Feeling quite tranquil, to say that B&S are playing tonight and tonight and
tonight I shall be at home, enjoying the company that my melancholy
reasoning has to offer. I don't think I can bear to listen to them this
evening, at least I hope I'm not the kind of person who sits in a glorious
technicolour quilt listening to a band whilst turning the lights on and off,
pretending I'm there until the bulb goes.
I'll probably listen to "The Kings of Convenience", a mellow situation where
Nick Drake and Simon and Garfunkel meet in a spherical room with lemongrass
scented candles but only have one guitar between three of them, and are
encouraged to make percussive sounds from the pile of husky palm leaves in
the corner. In fact, the object making the most noise in the room is the
pistachio ice cream fountain, which casts slightly textured opal-green light
on the sides of the porcelain sphere.

I can't believe our favourite Histrianic thinks us to have forgotten, why,
in my day we would receive a sturdy post every four days from the very same,
and think ourselves the luckier.
If only I could remember how long ago my day was.

There is a girl, in a cafe, who used to go to the educational establishment
I still occupy. She is probably the most beautiful girl that exists in the
places near me, so I go there to drink hot chocolate. Luckily, if she
*happened* to be on the list, she still wouldn't know as I haven't worn
corduroy in there, I don't think. *Damn*, let it out. Oh, well, looks like
I'll have to order something different next time. *Damn*. There's always the
possiblity of wearing a hat, glasses and fake comedy nose. *Damn*...

There is no greater sin than self-indulgence, but I feel strangely relaxed
as I know you won't be reading this now, you'll be reading this when you get
back from the B&S gig, you lucky, lucky swine. (Plural).

I feel an eerie sense of long term deja vu (or however it's
spelled/spelt...)... No, wait, I've been here before!
What happens is.. we get a trickling of posts as people wish us bon soir
before going to the gig. Some non-gig hopefuls suddenly perk up, thinking
that sinister might not be as dull as the gig-happenings would suggest, but
are only to be disappointed, as they repeatedly hit the send and receive
button just waiting for something to receive, but in vain. They like to
think they can leave it, but something tells them to keep checking. Finally,
at two in the morning, they have to connect again and it takes five
incredibly frustrating minutes as the modem buzzes and clicks into life, but
they do find a single post coming through. if it was paper, they'd rip it
with fumbling hands, but instead the silent cursor wavers over the inbox
icon. A short intake of breath, and their sagging eyes read the from line:
"Postmaster: re: failed mail."

To those other lonely hearts, I'm going to try and have a go on #sinister
tonight. (For some reason I couldn't get on last time.) I've never been on
before, wish me luck and be gentle.

Toxic Girl
Corduroy Boy
XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO