Sinister: spin cycle reveries

Youn Noh younnoh at xxx.com
Fri Dec 21 03:32:32 GMT 2001

MyMomSays wrote:
I never know what to do with my hands and arms when I
am walking. One could move them back and forth
merrily, but I always feel sort of dorky doing that.

I like to press my fingertips together in front of me
or tuck my hands into my sleeves so that they are
stiff.  But one would look even more dorky doing that.

Peter Miller wrote:
So far, I've managed to download songs by Kylie
Minogue and So Solid Crew, and a *picture* of Lenny
Kravitz.

I heard that So Solid Crew commissioned the Pinefox to
write a song for them.  But this "commission" may go
the way of the grant for your book on fairy tales.

Do you think it's better to use 'fantastic' for an
element of fantasy and 'terrific' for an element of
terror?  I'm not usually this precise.  I was about to
say that 'Marx and Engels' is a fantastic song, but
that's not right: it's good for the exact opposite
reason.

Has someone already pointed out that the B & S site
now has a writing archive?  But they forgot to include
Stuart's previous entries under the Who section: the
one about his school band and the one about going to
the laundromat.  Somewhere in the SW part of London
near the French institute next to a confectionery
where they give you your change back on a tray,
there's a laundromat that I went to once in 1993 in
the pouring rain.  I passed by in 1999 to see if it
was still there.  It was.  It's funny how places seems
compressed and faraway, from the wrong end of a
telescope, when you return to them.

On Saturday I watched A Hard Day's Night on video.
George Harrison was a very good dancer.  All the girls
were crazy about him.  In the scene where he's
teaching that man to shave, he reveals lovely arms to
rival Stuart's.  There's a girl in the audience that
they return to several times during the televised
performance.  Her adoration is too intense for
happiness.

The Sunday before that I watched Cathy Come Home.  The
girl resembles Cathy.  Especially when the girl says
his name and when Cathy's husband comes back to her in
the hostel.  It's weird to think that this film was
made two years after A Hard Day's Night.

PS:  Thank you, Miss Honey!