No subject

owen lowery o-lowery at xxx.com
Sat Dec 22 15:09:54 GMT 2001

hello
and a very merry Christmas to you all

Im sitting round at home just chilling out...watching the snow fall
outside and listening to indie music from back when it was good.
Dinosaur Jr the pixies the pooh sticks flowered up etc. Why is it
that only our heroes B&S are getting any recognition for making good
old fashioned indie pop these days. Other than that all we can get is
the boring drone of coldplay travis etc or the joke rebel rock of the
strokes and you will know us... etc. If i had any talent id form a
band just so that there was a dsifferent option out there of course i
have no talent and so I'll complain to you lot instead. Sorry 'bout
that.

Lots of you will have been to the gigs over the last two days and im
sure we'll get lots of reports but i couldn't go so here is a gig
report in the style of a premiership footballer instead.
"Well errr obviously I'm delighted with the performance and err
obviously I'm happy with the result. Errr it's nice to be given
praise obviously but errr it was a fantastic team performance you
just have to errr look at the performances by Jackso and Cookie to
see that and errr Struan obviously. Errr thanks for speaking to me,
errr."

Speaking of Christmas and old indie and football (as i have been you
see this is sort of a link) Half Man Half Biscuit once sang 'All I
want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit' and I'd just like to
take this oportunity to point out that the home kit is much nicer cos
it's a lovely shade of wine red and that if anyone wants to buy me a
present that would do nicely :)

I got quite excited when people kept saying it was the time for end
of year poles but it turns out this meant best of lists and not the
traditional festive season alcohol fueled shag fest that I thought
they meant. Still I'm off out to get drunk tonight so plenty of time
for my sort of end of year pole hehe.

on that smutty note I'll leave you
luv'n'hugs
    owen