Sinister: i long for all of them to fall in love with you but they never do

wookie at xxx.ie wookie at xxx.ie
Sat Dec 22 16:04:37 GMT 2001

oh its one of those joint sinister type mailings!
i'm here with louise attempting this for the second time! you'd think that between
us we'd be able to come up with a decent mail - but apparantly not.
the belfast gig last night was amazing - not a guitar smashed!!! tho' isobel
did kinda break her cello, but there was no harm done in the end. [well there
was kinda weird noises coming out of it during 'fox in the snow' and she looked
all embarrASSed (that's seamus typing NOT me)  and smiled and looked round to
sarah to make sure everything was ok! the set list seems about the same as glasgow
- covers were 'cool for cats' and 'the boys are back on town' and 'this is christmas'
and another we can't remember[the diry vicar has the setlist in his little pocketbook
(where he writes down his confessions!)]. And then of course the velvet's 'waiting
for the man', for which they invited up a audience member to, not only sing,
but completely rock out, and play the part of a rock star for one night, "tonight
matthew, barry ryan from dublin IS lou reed!"

rewind a bit, and the bus people who traveled up from dublin [shoutouts to listees
mark, grainne, trish (surrounded all night by her blokes!)] missed meeting the
northern type listees in the empire - apparently they did do the whole sitting
with ribenas and nme's (contradiction ahoy!) but they managed to collar us during
the gap between the frames(who were fecking marvellous!) [basically they spotted
seamus in the crowd!] (actually i was standing beside listee rener through out
it!) and there was a big sinister listee love-in(including a group photo!) and
some actual love-in when everyone had their backs turned! not naming names but
one's not that far away at this exact moment in time!

back to louise again:
daragh - great to see u again,make sure you mail as you promised and have a
great holiday!

over to seamus again;
okay we have to do mentions to everyone we met:
dublin listees: but busphobics the dirty vicar(filthy more like) and rener,
the other ian(complicated i know) mckinnon and barbara, simon(tall) and james(on
the balcony! better view down the front - cause i did both in my search for
my extra-camera-film-holding sister,daragh and his girlfriend(happy birthday!),
all the bus people(again) our annoying driver(just say NO! to Country&Western
christmas songs kids!) ...and lastly tim.

bye bye sinister
----
http://www.iol.ie