Sinister: The Lonely Blinking

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Sun Dec 23 11:17:26 GMT 2001

The geezer, Miller, talked about taping the top 40. I
think we can all empathize with that. I think my
editor used to tape it, until the Sunday when
'Bigmouth Strikes Again' came in at #28 and she gave
up in dismay. She resolved that one day she would make
a record with all the rapid acoustix thrills of the
intro of 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. And the thing is -
she did.

The geezer, Miller, also talked about washing up and
pop. I should have him know, Tigermilk used to be my
washing-up music, before the magical day when I heard
it oan ma wee headphones oan a wee bus. After that I
quite liked B&S, sometimes. But before that TM was
distant music over the bubbles. The plates. The
window. The bubbles.

Other washing-up music of our time has included The
Beatles Live at the BBC. I don't know the Harrison
thing that the geezer was on about.

I see where MyMomSays talked about an interesting
park.
It sounds like an out-take from a Marshall Berman
video. But did he ever make videos?

Youn talked about what to do with her hands. Probably
it's best not to think about them too hard. She also
talked about a 'laundromat' in the South-West. I
wouldn't know about that, I've never been in that
region. I did read Foucault in a 'laundromat' once,
mind, in October long ago. I am starting to prefer
this word 'laundromat' to the more sordid
'laundrette'. You wouldn't find a place in a picture
like, let's say, THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE, being
called a 'laundrette'.

I have just realized that this theme connects with
'Marx & Engels'. No-one has mentioned the Wallasey
connection yet, so I'd better do it. (Have I done it
yet?)

I see where the Vicar was talking bollix about the
Bible.

Remember, for listeners as old as me - Desmond
Carrington at 1pm.