Sinister: The Aftermath

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Thu Dec 27 13:59:29 GMT 2001

Yowser! Christmas is TRIFFIC! I have been lazing and eating and swearing and
fighting and dancing and smoking and receiving and giving and reading and
sleeping and being dressed like a dolly and all that other stuff that I seem
to do every Christmas when I come back to my mum and dad's.

Many many thanks to Paul Field and Brandt Fundak and Helen McClean(it's OK,
love, I know the parcel's on its way), my Sinister Santas, for the fab stuff
that I got sent. Paul Field sent me a gift that will result in me being a
walking bill board, all covered with slogans. And books, books galore! I
can't list them all, suffice to say that my family know me well enough to
buy me more and more bits of paper covered with the printed word. Books keep
me out of trouble. Actually, that's not quite true. My sister made me a
stocking out of PINK things! Hello Kitty gear and stuff. Twee as fuck, the
lot of it. But today I bought a big furry-hooded parker to stomp about it.
And it was only £17 from Tesco. I don't know whether this makes me a canny
bargain hunter or just a sad wee bucket who buys her clothes in
supermarkets.

I much love the idea of a B&S DVD, as my brother got a DVD player for
Christmas and I want to watch something on it other than The Smashing
Pumpkins. There is site that has B&S videos (is it www.icrunch.com? I may be
wrong, though) but I can't make Real Player work for me. So, it has to be a
DVD or VHS, please. I wonder what the videos are like? Are they
embarassingly cheap and cheerful, starring Stevie's mum as "Man in Fish
market" (Stevie's mum in heavy disguise, obviously)? I tend to find videos
very disappointing in the main, although the early Suede videos were as
close to porn for me as a 13 year old girl should get. I couldn't even watch
them when my ma and pa were in the room as I blushed sooo red and thought
about kissing Brett Anderson..... I tried to explain the concept of 'arms of
sex' to my sister but she looked vacant and started talking to me in that
odd baby voice she uses sometimes. For a 25 year old academic, she's kind of
strange sometimes.

I hope you all had wonderful, or at least bareable (sp?) Christmases, and
that your New Years are even better. You've all made 2001 a pretty ace year
for me.

Love

Madeleine
xxx

PS, Guess what, Laura Llew? I got Lemony Snicket for Christmas!