Sinister: I'm Just Gonna Bask In The Glow Of A Soon-To-Be Mother

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Thu Dec 27 14:49:20 GMT 2001

Hi All,

Too late - I thought I could be the only person to post to Sinister for a
whole day, but I missed it! Never mind.

Name dropper, thorough, statistician: all these traits sound pejorative, but
its too late for this leopard to change his spots. So, more dregs from the
memory of a week ago (a week ago already!!) to bore you with.

I forgot to mention that although they didn't play Dirty Dream Number 2 they
did do Me And The Major instead, a storming version with Stevie Reverb
galloping away on the harmonica.

Stuart quipped "There's no' *enough* love" at the beginning of Alone Again
Or.

The audience singing "She's a waitress & she's got style" & Stuart saying
"It's PILES" at the end of TBWTAS.

Struan was incredibly sweary all night, "fucking effing & blinding" in every
sentence, even when singing hymns. I reckon he should lay off the heavy
metal. Or is he trying to out-Peacock the other Stuart.

Stevie wishing everyone Hare Krishna after the opening song. Then before the
last song, after playing the intros to the Stones' Jumping Jack Flash
(Krissmas Karaoke flashback!) & The Last Time he launched (briefly) into Day
Tripper, followed by Richard & a couple of the others as a tribute to George
Harrison.

Some of the B&S songs sound much better now on stage than they did
originally on the records, the playing more confident & the arrangements
fuller (with the strings, etc.) & more sophisticated.

Stuart Flanagan had the grate idea of compiling a list of B&S on video,
which I don't recollect having been done before. There *was* a vid for The
Wrong Girl, & the one for Jonathan David should be added. I guess that
technically The Apocalypse Tube should be down twice, as each broadcast was
of a different take. The live clip of TBWTAS shown on MTV was from the
Bowlie: the whole gig was filmed (they should release it! - pretty, pretty
please!) & some other songs were shown on 3 BBC Choice(?) programmes (The
Bowlie Weekender) broadcast post-Bowlie. I recall The Kids Are Alright on
TV - someone else remind us of the others please. Presumably the BBC
Scotland documentary listed was The Story Of Belle And Sebastian, complete
with Mr Benn voice-over.

I'm not too up on Looper videos, but I am sure there have been a lot more
than one. I thought Wee Karn & Co. made short films for nearly all of their
songs, to be shown at gigs & as promos.

Love & Happy New Year,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK