Sinister: Don't Think Twice (It's OK, I Suppose)

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Fri Dec 28 21:34:34 GMT 2001

1.
I see (where) Mr Moore swiftly made up for months of
the sound of (the sound of) (the sea) of silence (of
the turkeys) by mailing like a donkey on its way down
a hill. It cheered me up. I think he wins the Sinister
Xmas Poster Award. I believe Honey has the prize. I
don't get informed about that kind of thing. If the
apt category comes up, I shall vote Mr Moore in at top
4 posts of the year (5th pending) if only for the sake
of grateful symmetry.

2.
I like(s) all that Glaswegian Diary stuff. It didn't
do us any harm. Cookie Jar, eh? A jar with Cookie,
that could be a good idea too. Does Mr M know that
John Martyn has an LP out called GLASGOW WALKER? It
seems an almost uncanny coincidence, unless you think
about it.

3.
I was intrigued by the reference to the geezer,
Miller, as a Druid performing the solstice. I'd like
to imagine it but have enough trouble imagining the
geezer as it is.

4.
THE GREAT ESCAPE is surprisingly long, and I don't
even mean the Blur LP this time (that was predictably
long). Every minute's worth it though, every one a
loser. I couldn't believe James Coburn got away with
it. I must rethink my counsels, imbibed as a child, of
political pessimism.

5.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS is as good as they say, which is
saying something.

6.
The geezer Jackson (S not P) is not big or clever for
playing famous Stones riffs before every song. Any
idiot can do it. I've been doing that for years, and
my fees have never been upped as a result.

7.
I would like to talk about S.J. Perelman. A good gag
of his that sticks in the mind was about the National
Board of Labour, 'or "Nat" as I call him' - that was
roughly the wording, you get the idea.

8.
John Peel on Xmas night played O COME O COME EMMANUEL.
(A different version?) I'm not quite sure whether Mr
Moore mentioned that. He also played NOT THE TREMBLING
KIND, that wasn't a bad idea.

9.
Lloyd Cole is back, twice. He has finally released an
LP that my Producer might conceivably like more than I
do. (Hold that thought. I may be some time.) He's also
released one which doesn't have quite as many full new
songs as I'd like, but whose every acoustic texture is
swoonsome. I feel so suspiciously at home among its
sounds, I have a feeling I may have recorded it
myself.

10.
THOUGHT FOR 2D
Rome wasn't built in A.D.