Sinister: my two cents on the B&S VCD

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Sat Dec 29 19:45:40 GMT 2001

hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, or anyone Jewish had a nice day
playing golf or pool. That's what all my Jewish friends seem to do every
year, anyway,. Play golf or pool and get Chinese takeaways for dinner. This
is quite appealing, actually. I have "inherited" (via my recent marriage) a
fairly large family, and seem to have spent the last few days endlessly
visiting people I've never met before, when all I've wanted to do is stay
home and listen to my new post-Christmas CDs.

(sigh)

Can I encourage everyone to get a Jeepster Records DJ bag? This was my main
present, and it's ace. My old satchel was falling apart, and now I'll be the
hippest kid at work.

anyway, the VCD .......

A few days ago I got a copy of Suede's "Lost in TV" DVD. It's great, for a
number of reasons. Firstly, it's been great to see all the promos. Living in
New Zealand, I've missed out on pretty much every decent music video, and
those I have seen have been via third or fourth generation dubs. So having a
decent quality copy is fantastic.

Secondly, and what I really like, is the interactivity. Suede don't really
like many of their videos, and the DVD gives the user the option of hearing
the band members actually talk about the videos, what they liked, didn't
like etc.

So, anyway, it would be nice if B&S could do something similar. I remember
that, back in '99, there was some talk via the Jeepster newsletters, or
releasing a VHS compilation of B&S TV appearances, promos, plus Gentle Waves
stuff too. I think B&S could put together a really nice package, along
similar lines to :lost in TV".

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year everyone,

Lawrence