Sinister: did wire do the original 'i am superman'?

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Sun Dec 30 21:13:53 GMT 2001

A man in his mid-50's came into the record shop in which I am employed.  He
looked around a bit, then asked "where is the new belle and sebsatian
single?"  My ears perked up and I scooted on over and showed him.  Sometimes
life can be grand.  This was the highlight of my birthday.

The lowlight (???) was finding that the men who tiled my floor and moved my
records had cracked my original pressing of the Clash' "London Calling", but
only the second LP.  I was very saddened by this.

As some of you may know, whether you want to or not, I was in Glasgow last
week for the concert.  I would like to say hello to everyone I met.  Truly,
you are all wonderful people.  A special thanks to Dimitra, for being nice
and meeting with me before anyone else did.  I'm very shy, and she made it
quite nice.

It was a grand show, although I was far in the back.  Also thanks to Honey
and Dimitra for providing a ticket to the Belfast show.  I stayed up all
night (hi will and danny) and then hopped on a train with Rachel Sunnyset
and Dimitra to Belfast.  The ferry ride was very rough.  I felt very sick.
I didn't help that I was mere feet away from the band.  And what did I say?
In my chance of a lifetime to meet my favorite band in the world?  A brief
word to stevie about sega rally championship, which I am sure is rigged.
I'm such a git.  (is that the right word?)

The belfast show was fantastic, and I believe better than glasgow, mostly
because I was very close.  Both wonderful shows though.  I actually met a
few sinisters there, but not more than a few.  hi to those I met.

I have some lovely pictures of the sinisters.  I won't post them.  But I
have them.  And I like them.

Best washing up album?  Weezer's self titled.  The first one.  So shoot me,
I've been listening to it for years.

-Matt