Sinister: just a thought for astrid

toadie291 at xxx.com toadie291 at xxx.com
Sun Dec 30 18:47:23 GMT 2001

hi everyone.  i would like to take this oppurtunity to wish you a toadie new
year!  i just read astrids post in which he said:  Do you want to hear
something really, and I mean *really* strange? I´m going to tell you anyway.
Well, last nite (well, the night between yesterday and today) I was lying in
my bed, listening to Ryan Adams and I thought "FUCK, I hate being alone and
I *HATE* sleeping alone in my bed, cause it makes me feel even lonelier" and
about ten second after that thought, I listened to what Ryan sang, and what
do I hear?

"But, tonight you´re sleeping alone
 Without him
Tonight you´re sleeping alone
 Without him"

And I went like "WHOA!" because of several reasons:

a) I know for a fact that I hadn´t read those lyrics or heard that song ever
before
b) he only sang that line for the first time when I heard it, I´ve checked
and he wasn´t even mentioning it before in that song
c) Something like that had never happened to me before

Isn´t it strange? I think it´s really weird. Anyway.

this reminded me of the song as you are which goes:

As You Are
Everyday I wake up alone
I'm not like all the other boys
And ever since I was young
I had no choice
But it's OK to lead me on
I admit it's not much fun
To be led on by such a one
As you are
As you are
As you are

And ever since I woke up I felt the net
Was lifting me out of the sea
And even when I'm sinking I feel the need
But it's OK to lead me on
I must admit it's not much fun
To be alone with such a one
As you are
As you are
As you are

And ever since a long time
I felt the rain
And there was no danger
And no more strangers
As you are

aww, i also love the lil poem that pseuo-inspired that

As you are
so once was i
remember this as time goes by
as i am now
soon you will be
remember this and pray for me

i "try" to keep that sentiment in mind as i meander through life.

love to you all
~~stine...oh yeah..im not a boy!