Sinister: the boy who's wearing flares

Iain Radcliffe iaradcliffe at xxx.com
Thu Feb 1 19:39:56 GMT 2001

Hello you lovely bunch, (of coconuts)
(This post will be about needing fashion advice and will then segue
effortlessly to some really juicy and top CONTENT near the end to tease you
and get you all HOT and bothered.)

I read Sophiesea's maritime post a while back about the difficulties of
purchasing flares.
Which reminded me that I still had to fulfil an as yet unfulfilled ambition
to purchase a pair of said flared slacks.

So I went to Edinburgh, and lo and behold, they had some loverly flares in -
and this is the Crraazzy bit - a SHOP!

So I bought one pair (brown, corduroy) and one other pair (blue, blue jeans,
I wear them everyday - there's no particular reason to change).

Trouble is, being flares, they tend to drag somewhat on the ground, much to
my consternation, causing scrapage and the like!

Do any more experienced flare-wearers have any advice for a mere novice, or
is the dragging on the floor like, the whole point? If you have an answer,
please noify me by sending up a flare.

Moving on to tops (hooded). Because the weather is largely inclement, one is
finding that a suitable jacket must be worn over hooded top. The problem
being this time that the hood of the top has nowhere to go, and is
effectively TRAPPED! Should it be tucked underneath or left to dangle
unceremoniously down one's back????
Again fashion advice appreciated in the normal way.

After buying said garments, I went to the Egg at the Art College, and gave
them their first public outing. And boy did I look just delectable scraping
and dragging myself around the floor to the strains of....

...Seeing Other People. Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah!
(It was jolly good).

Next week: I'll be discussing bicycle clips - above or below the knee?
Mullet - with or without Pat Sharp/Hoddle/Waddle type spike combination?

Oh, that wasn't the content by the way.
I met Stuart and Isobel ooh letmethink Tuesday or Wednesday down the
bookies, and they said they were rehearsing for an eight month world tour of
community centres and folk clubs. To start on Feb 29 apparently.
Details coming soon at www.wotuhaven'tdeletedyetwhynot?.co.uk

Byeee,
Iain (who apologies profusely for the crapness)

P.S. Another tiresome message of support and admiration for Mistress Honey.
Hip hip hooray!