Sinister: Do You Have To Stop Posting To Start Living?

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Feb 5 19:32:24 GMT 2001

Thank you, Ooooon, for that Thai news. It strikes me you're really out of
touch. I think MC Hammer is your man.

I was in my local headstore today and they had the 70s WHO on, Squeze Box
followed by WHO Are You. I think it was some kind of compilation, they
switched it off when Moon died. I love the introduction to WHO Are You, it's
perfect. Must get the album some time. That gives a new meaning to "making a
mental note" to do something.

The rector at Glasgow University doesn't actually have to do very much if
they don't want to. Hence Winnie Mandela. I voted for Winnie Mandela. Her
extra-curricular activities hadn't come to light at the time. I think she
was the first showbiz star to be elected, opening the floodgates for Pat
Kane from Hue and Cry, and Victor Meldrew. I don't know who Ross Kemp is.
Pat Kane quickly set to work getting seen with people in wheelchairs, then
disappeared. I stuck two fingers up at him once. When he wasn't looking.
Rectors don't have anything to do with graduation ceremonies.

What I most object to (or disagree with) in Duke's article is his belief
that Pop isn't democratic. A quick look at History, or even Pop History,
will show that people who believe that Pop isn't democratic are naturally
wrong. And to wish for a non-democratic Belle and Sebastian is to wish for
something else entirely. So ner.

I was reading Record Collector in my local headstore and there's a new
deluxe Showaddywaddy reissue out. I don't know if it's a Mike Hurst
production though. They were keeping mum about that. Apparently
Showaddywaddy have "legions of fans". They should go to Malcolm "The Duke"
Allured's pub.

Peter

 +-+             "Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa"              +-+