Sinister: broken household appliance, national forest

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Tue Feb 6 04:56:45 GMT 2001

oops, i did it again.  couldn't resist though - somehow grandaddy manage to
provide aptly surreal sinister post titles without even trying.

well, i now have a tattoo.  it hardly hurt at all.  really.  and i'm
normally quite wussy.  took pleasure in torturing the needle-phobic friends
later though.  and stuart's face looks quite nice there peeping out from my
cleavage... NOT REALLY :)  i'm not that much of a fan/that stupid.  my
housemate's friend got 'the shamen' tattooed on her ankle when she was 16...
really timeless, that.  i wasn't completely brave beforehand, i must admit,
and the thrash metal background music didn't help my anxiety.  i then got
very jumpy at a mysterious roaring/buzzing/drilling sound from the next
room.  'what are they doing in there?' i whispered nervously to moral
support nicola.  'that's a vacuum cleaner, rachel'.  ah.

meanwhile, i have discovered something distressing: i *know* that somewhere
in the house i have a tape with 'loneliness of the...' on it.  i distinctly
remember taping it, though from what is a slight mystery and did make me
wonder for a second if i had imagined the whole thing.  i certainly can't
find the tape anywhere, and i've checked all those 'end of tape' spaces that
i usually use to tape stuff off the radio.  i remember seeing it on the
tube, but i have definitely heard and recorded it since.  can someone at
least confirm that it was played on radio 1 sometime during last year, so i
can renew my search knowing that i'm not mad?  i want it!

i'm glad that signor miller provided us with the correct adjective
pertaining to 'rector', as i tried to put the stuff about tongues in arses
and people throwing their weight behind other people out of my pure little
mind.  (though my sister would have me think that now i've got a tattoo i am
forever sullied anyway - this from the girl who pierced her own nose.  i
don't *get* teenagers.  and that makes me a bad b&s fan, obviously, but
never mind.)

now i have to go and reply to one of those emails which should really have
been the start of a serious face to face conversation, but both the
protagonists are too cowardly, lazy and evasive to make it one.  the curse
of the modern interweb.

luv archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com

 +-+             "Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa"              +-+