Sinister: Why we hate hairdressers

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 6 16:28:31 GMT 2001

Where I come from, a rector is like a vicar, but he lets you stand on the
pews if you can't see. Stuart Murdoch is almost a vicar, so I'm sure he'd
be very good.

Has anyone mentioned Ian McCulloch being signed up by Jeepster? It's on
their website. Probably someone has, I just wasn't paying
attention. Someone keeps throwing balls of paper at my head.

I had my hair cut yesterday. Somehow, whilst performing a difficult
hair-cutting manoeuvre on the top of my head, the barber managed to cut
his finger and began to bleed over my head.

"Sorry mate, it usually stops in a bit" he said, sticking his finger in
his mouth. But after a few minutes it was still bleeding, so he sent the
other barber off to the chemist for plasters and stood there holding his
hand above his head. "Won't be long mate". Bluddy hell, you don't expect
that sort of service, do you? In the end my haircut lasted 45 minutes,
including injury time.

The man having his hair cut in the chair next to me has a friend who once
threw a shoe at Noel Gallagher's head. It hit him too. Hooray!

That tirade against indie kids was a bit odd. I liked the way they
credited all three people who wrote it. I couldn't understand this bit,
though.

> ... pretending to like the Spice Girls and pretending
> to like the Magnetic Fields and pretending to like each
> other ...

Since when did indie kids like the Magnetic Fields?

Written by Robin Stout

Based on an idea by Buster Merryfield

Additional material by Auntie Vera

 +-+             "Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa"              +-+