Sinister: tartometer me

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Tue Feb 6 21:07:15 GMT 2001

You all keep beating me to it.  I was going to (a) point out that
Jeepster had signed Ian McCulloch (spare us the cutter?), (b) point you
all in the direction of The Erstwhile Duke's article "The One You
Really Love: The Magnetic Fields vs Belle & Sebastian" to provoke you,
and (c) point out that I contradict myself constantly and have
a borderline disgusting hoity-toity for beef.

But it's all been said before.  Well, some references anyway:

(a) http://www.jeepster.co.uk/mcculloch/
(b) http://www.tangents.co.uk/tangents/main/2001/magfields.html
(c) http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200101/msg00348.html

Katrina said:
>  this is especially for all you Glasgow Uni students out there, but everyone
> else is also welcome to a meeting tomorrow Wednesday 07/02 in the Williams
> Room, John McIntyre Building, Glasgow Uni (University Avenue G12) at 3pm to
> come and hear what the candidate has to say for himself.  tea + biccies
> provided.

and I've had a request to post an official Sinister press agent to
the event.  I can't go because I'll be shearing some sheep, so can
someone in Glasgow who's going please mail me and tell me they will
represent the Sinister Chronicle?  We need details on rectorial
policy (I hear there may be some good ones), sock colours, and
whether anyone bursts into song.  Anyone who mails back to the list
after this event will thereafter be an official Sinister Junior
Reporter, with a badge and everything (if they make it).

Tom Ewing said:
"Why we hate indie kids"
> 1) They like indie music. Obviously.

.. which I liked, except he didn't, at all.  Well he did, but not
here but at the rather super Freaky Trigger (neurotic pop elitists)
site at http://www.freakytrigger.com.  Someone else posted "in his
name" and took it all rather too seriously, right down to wearing a hat
and raincoat.  But you should all pop along to Freaky Trigger because
sometimes they talk about YOU!  In the meantime, can I remind you all
(obviously) that impersonating someone else is a bit rude, and only
requires half a brain.  You probably wouldn't like it if we mailed your
mum as you.  Or posted as Your Mum.  Anyone who went through the Henry
Thomas (E.T.) (hello Henry if you are still out there) saga in 1967 on
the list will remember what happened last time :)  So impersonating
someone else on the list is *bad*, be yourself.

Catherine Deneuve xxx
--
"contradicting myself constantly" since 1997
no i didnt